Chapter 5: Mistaking Dog Crap For A Brownie

"Nope, not the time to meet the pack."

"Oh come one I can make a B-B-Q and we can have lots of fun." He grins widely.

"I don't know." Should I? 

"Please." He does his puppy face.

"Fine." He cheers and places a big sloppy kiss on my cheek."Ew." I rub my cheek.

"I'm going to go plan. In the meanwhile you can explore the house." And with that he leaves the room leaving me to myself. I walk out into the hallway and wander around.

"Oh my gosh!" Some girl squeals from behind me. I turn my head so quick I swear I almost got whiplash. There stands a girl that's about 5'7, with curly red hair, and bright blue eyes."You're the alphas mate!."

"That I am." I chuckle nervously.

"Oh how rude of me. My name is Amber. Mate of the packs beta." She states proudly."So how did he get you to come here?"

"Yeah, he sort've kidnapped me."

"What?! Oh, just wait until the luna hears about this." She burst into a fit of laughter.

"That's Shane's mom right?" I ask unsure.

"Yep." She pops the 'P'. "Oh and by the way, you are my new best friend." She locks her arm with mine.

"I am?" Damn, what is this? Middle school?

"Totes." What the hell."Wow, you stink."

"Gee thanks." But I guess that's true I haven't taken a shower in 2 days."Is there any chance I can take a shower here?". 

"Yeah, you can take one in my room and I'll leave some of my clothes out for you." She walks me to her room and dang this girl loves pink. Her wall is pink, bed covers, curtains, pillows, hell even her carpet is pink.

"Someone likes pink." I mumble and Amber giggle.

"Yeah, yeah, the restroom is right in there." She points to a separate room. I go inside the restroom, lock the door and peel off my clothes. I start the shower and enter.

"Jesus. I needed this." I mumble in the shower. I wash my hair with a watermelon scented shampoo and wash myself with cotton candy body wash. After I was done, I examined the clothes Amber put out for me. "Man I really hope these underwear are new." I scrunch up my nose. I put on all the clothes and look at myself in the mirror. A beige frill front singlet, mila high skinny jeans, and some black, white converse.

"Amber?" I walk out the restroom to see Amber sitting on the bed.

"Here." She looks up and giggles."Come on silly the B-B-Q is starting." She grabs my hand and basically drags me out of there until we are stopped by a woman that doesn't look a day over 30.

"Where are you two girls going?"

"Hey mamma luna." Amber waves.

"Who is this young lady?" So this is Shane's mom, wow she looks so different from Shane. She has blonde hair and hazel eyes, quite the opposite from Shane.

"This is alpha Shane's mate." She examines me before pulling my into a tight hug.

"Oh, I'm so happy my little Shaney popo has found his mate. Oh and my name is Diana." Shaney popo? I am so going to use that on him

"Shaney popo?" I question hoping there is a yummy back story to the name.

"Yes, when Shane was little he accidentally mistook our dogs poo for a lost brownie, so he ate it. It was quite horrifying finding your son's mouth covered in crap." I couldn't hold it in anymore I burst out laughing.

"That's, oh my god." I kept on laughing until someone cleared their throat from behind us.

"What are you laughing at?" Shane asks while eating a brownie.

"None of your business... Shaney popo." Shane's face instantly red and glared at his mom.

"You didn't."

"Oh but, I did." His mom chuckles."Now let's go introduce the new luna to the pack!" Diana gushes and we walk towards the backyard.  When we arrived everyone went quite and a man that whom I am guessing is Shanes father due to their similarity stepped up.

"Everyone I would like to introduce you to the new luna of the Dark Woods pack." He reached out to grab my hand and pulled me in front of everyone."This is Cassie Garcia your new luna!" He yelled and the air was filled with a cheers and screaming."I also expect for everyone to treat her with respect." He says in a stern voice and everyone nods."Now enjoy the party!" He throws his hands in the air, and I walked towards Shane.

"Come on let's meet my third in command and beta." We walked to a table at the back where two guys were sitting. One with dirty blonde hair and green eyes, the other with brown hair and dark eyes."This is Jake my beta." He points to the one with dirty blonde hair. Oh so that's Amber's mate."And this is Liam my third." He points to the one with brown hair. I give both of them an awkward wave.

"So how's it like being luna?" Jake asks.

"Um, I'm not sure. I haven't been luna for even a day, so I'll get back to you later."

"How did Shane get you to come here?" Liam asks.

"Well he ki-." Shane puts his hand over my mouth.

"I charmed her with my a-OW!" He rubs his hand."Did you just bite me?" He glares at me.

"Yes, and he kidnapped me." I answered Liam's question.

"Damn, dude."

"That's low dude." Jake laughs."So when are you going to mark her?"

"Mark me? What does that mean?" I ask Shane but, he's too busy glaring at Jake... While eating a brownie.