1. 𝙕𝙞𝙜𝙜𝙮 𝙎𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙙𝙪𝙨𝙩

A/n- the party are aged up!!

Also some self promotion, if you could check out the trailers for the web-series I'm in, I would really appreciate it!! <33

Chapter 1~ Ziggy Stardust.

𝙅𝙖𝙣𝙪𝙖𝙧𝙮 𝟖𝙩𝙝 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟔

The golden rays of the post winter morning came blaring through Ziggy's curtains as she had completely forgotten to close them the night before-or technically the morning before- most nights she would leave the house at ten, return around two in the morning then completely pass out as soon as her head hit the pillow.

All of a sudden the piercing sound of her alarm clock rung in her ears. Now, it didn't bother her as much because she had already made up her mind that she would not be attending school today- like most days- but she stumbled out of bed to prepare herself for the -not-so-realistic performance of pretending to be sick. She made her way over to the radiator whilst rubbing her eyes, then knelt down, placing her forehead on it until she heard moving around from outside her room, "shit!" She quickly pulled her head away realising she hadn't actually moved it off the radiator as she got distracted by the noise outside. Ziggy ran back to her bed and got under the covers just in time.

Robin slowly opened the door and couldn't help but let out a laugh at the sight of her younger sister who was sprawled out in her bed with the back of her hand on her forehead, looking dramatic as always, "how are you feeling today?" Robin asked with a cup of coffee in her hand which she quickly placed on the bedside table, "sick." Ziggy brought her hand up to her mouth and coughed but Robin could see right through her- although it was amusing- she pulled this stunt far too often.

"Can you atleast try and go to school today?" Robin practically pleaded, not wanting to call in for her again, "depends, can I have my skateboard back?" Ziggy asked knowing what the answer would be. Robin had to take it off her after she had nearly fallen in front of a car from not paying attention, she had been distracted for months- but seriously, it's not like she died or anything- "soon." She rolled her eyes, "where's mom and dad?" Ziggy asked changing the subject and causing Robin's face to quickly change as she looked down awkwardly, "they're not here again?" Ziggy questioned, the older girl nodded her head slowly, "parents of the year." Ziggy pursed her lips before sighing, "I'll come to school today." She finally agreed which made a smile appear on Robin's face- she felt kinda bad that Robin always had to cover for her- "great! Steve's picking us up in twenty minutes!" She ran out the door. 

Ziggy and Robin's parents were never around. They had jobs outside of town but hardly ever came home- maybe the odd weekend- but that would only be to check if Ziggy and Robin were actually going to school so it wouldn't raise any suspicion or make them look bad, as far as anyone else knew, they all lived together, the only people who knew otherwise were Nancy, Steve and Dustin. Although Nancy told her mom they went out of town a lot so she could help out with making them meals but Ziggy hated feeling like a burden.

Growing up was the worst, they never showed interest like Ziggy and Robin saw others parents do with their children, they hardly ever spoke to them. Ziggy's escape was playing d&d in Mike's basement with the rest of the party, it felt nice pretending to be someone else for a change, she always wondered what her and Robin did wrong, why did they make their parents so miserable that they couldn't stand to be around them? She always felt jealous of Lucas and Mike's family, their parents really cared- well, except maybe Ted- but he was still around, they had a real family, they would have breakfast all together, dinner at the end of the day which would consist of catch ups on everyone's days. Robin and Ziggy never had that, it was just them when they got home from school, they only had each other for their birthdays and holidays.