Chapter 11: What. . . ?!

--(Muichiro POV)--

That was hot. Where's father? The throne room perhaps, maybe in their bedroom. I hope everyone else got to their rooms safely.

"Brother what are you doing?" Yuichiro asked from behind me, startling me a bit. I turned around to face him and we stared at each other for a minute.

"I just went to find the others, do you know if they got to their rooms?" I asked, calming my nerves.

"Yes they're in their rooms, why?" He asked me.

"To thank them and such, I mean they did take us here in secret." I responded, I fiddled with my hands a little bit.

"Uh huh, now what were you doing?" He asked again, cocking his head and raising an eyebrow.

"Uh. . . nothing?" I said, trying to keep a straight face. I wasn't doing anything- Nothing at all- I wasn't making out with my boyfriend/fiance. No way haha-

He gave me an uncertain look, and I just shrugged and turned around. I began to walk away down the hallway. I heard him sigh from behind me. Meh, I mean I hope he didn't see- that would be really, really awkward.

I continued to walk down the halls, wondering what's happening. I'm pretty sure the King, Genya's father must have found out about now. . . .

Some guards rushed past me, carrying their swords.

"Wait- what's happening?" I asked, stopping one of the guards.

"PRINCE MUICHIRO! Please report to the throne room! We've gotten threats from our neighboring kingdom, the Wind kingdom!" She told me, then continued on to catch up with the rest of her squad. She seemed really panicked.

Wind kingdom?! Genya! I followed the squad back to my bedroom, thankfully I didn't wander too far. Genya was already outside of the room looking for me. He saw me and ran down the hall to me, he gave me a puzzled and frightened look.

I grabbed his hand and ran down the hallway. Throne room, throne room, throne room. . . . Here! I paused and opened the big door revealing the king and all of our friends minus Yuichiro. We walked over to the group and they looked at us.

Poor Sanemi was in tears- Giyu was supporting him, letting Sanemi cry into his chest. What happened- Genya instantly panicked and left my side, rushing over to his sobbing brother. Kyojuro and Senjuro kept their distance but they looked just as concerned.

"Father?" I asked, I took a step towards him. He sighed, visibly being disturbed. Then a panicked look shot through his face,

"Where's your brother?" He asked quickly, I looked around, he still wasn't here. I was going to say I didn't know, but Sanemi burst into tears again, clinging onto Giyu. It was so painful to watch, Sanemi was definitely not the type to cry in front of people, something bad, no, horrific must have happened.

Sanemi mumbled something to Genya, and Genya went pale. He went as pale as a ghost, tears already threatened to fall from his eyes.

Guards came in and guided Kyojuro and Senjuro out, leading them to a safe place. This must be something for royals only to discuss. What- I was so confused, but that quickly turned to panic and Genya burst out crying too. He stumbled backwards, and nearly fell over his own two feet. I rushed over to him and quickly caught most of him in my arms.

He turned around and buried his head into my neck and just sobbed hysterically. He clung onto my side, one of his arms squeezed my injury, I let out a yelp of surprise and pain. Even though it hurt, I quickly hugged Genya and held him tight. I looked up at my father and then Giyu and Sanemi with a confused look on my face.

Sanemi still cried into Giyu's shirt, he hugged him tightly and didn't even care about the presence of anyone. Genya was also still hysterically sobbing into me, his breaths were shaky and uneven. It sounded like he couldn't breath- I rubbed his back and started to hum a low tune. He calmed down enough to take deep breaths,

"Their- he- Muichiro. . . ." He said, still fighting back sobs. I continued to hum to him, rubbing his back as well. I took his hands with my free hand and held them tightly. Father was now watching with remorse and guilt and sadness plastered all over his face.

"Mother. . . Teiko, Hiroshi- Sumi and Shuya- little Koto. . . ." He said, his voice was sad, and depressed with a little bit of. . . . anger?

I continued to rub his back, I held him close to me. He went limp and just leaned into my touch. He was now almost sitting on my lap. What- What did- his father must have done something- punish them. . . ?

"He, Fath- Father. . . he killed them all!"

~ (⁠◕⁠ᴗ⁠◕⁠✿⁠) ~

Words: 871

👀 Um so anyways, slay I guess. It kept deleting my story, my bad. Imagine making out with your fiance while your family is being massacred

Bye bye, stay tuned 😘 (I did say that something terrible happened last chapter, where you expecting this? I mean they died once, so why not kill them again)