Chapter 6: Royal Guard

Hawk enters the much larger apartment of Shiro Iori once again. But instead of going in through the window, he was ushered inside by Shiro himself.

Shiro: "Here we are. Sit." He gestures to a chair at the open table. Hawk sits at the table and looks around the apartment setting down his bag.

Hawk: "You live alone?"

Shiro: "My parents are currently aren't here to worry for my well-being. Not anymore."

Hawk: "I'm sorry for your loss." Shiro sits in the chair across from Hawk.

Shiro: "Your sympathy is acknowledged. Now, let us begin. I've come to understand that you have taken up arms against Lady Satsuki."

Hawk: "Oh brother, don't tell me you want me to stop. Look like I told Ryuko, I'm not here to fight a war."

Shiro: "No. On the contrary, I am actually looking to acquire your services."

Dante(mental): "Huh?"

Vergil(mental): "Excuse me?"

Hawk: "Come again?"

Shiro: "I require your services in the bodyguarding department."

Hawk: "I'm sorry. I think you have me a bit confused. Why?"

Shiro: "Your skills and abilities far surpass anyone else capable of doing this task. Being one of Lady Satsuki's most important individuals, I am a prime target for those looking to move up within the ranks as well as those who seek to steal the knowledge I possess on Life Fibers and the construction of Goku Uniforms. And seeing how you are an individual that wishes to remain out of the metaphorical spotlight, I believe this may prove beneficial to you as well."

Hawk: "And how is that?"

Shiro: "Say you continue your course, try and go to class and live a normal school life. That'd be impossible as of you defeating Lady Satsuki in such a manner. She would, in response, mark you as an enemy of Honnouji Academy. Every single school member, One Star to Three Star, will be out for your head. You'd never have the peace you so wished. But, you accept my offer, become my bodyguard. You will be an official member of the school's higher student body. Granting you protection from the lower class students and making Lady Satsuki think twice about attacking you as you would be protecting one of her most valuable assets."

Vergil(mental): "He makes a compelling point."

Hawk: "And what do you get? If you are so important, why don't you already have your own security detail?"

Shiro: "I wish to study the outfit you now wear. It was my own attempt at creating a Kamui, but I had never gotten the chance to test it properly. The average human body has trouble even handling more than a 30% Life Fiber outfit. Yet here you are casually taking the full force of an outfit consisting of 99% Life Fibers."

Dante(mental): "Wait, how do we turn this thing on?"

Vergil(mental): "No clue. I just hope we don't end up wearing an outfit similar to those worn by Ryuko or Satsuki."

Dante(mental): "Ew. Yeah, agreed."

Hawk: "Sounds like you've thought this through. As well as not giving me much of a choice. *sigh* Looks like we have a deal. But on one condition. No blood test."

Shiro: "Let me guess, fear of needles. Fine. Very well. Allow me to give you the full tour."

Shiro stands up, and he begins to help Hawk set up a place for him to sleep.