𝟒𝟐✍

~

𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑹𝒊𝒔𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝑨𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒔

(𝑰)

Beyoncé melted into the passionate kiss Ciara gave her.

She hugged the younger demon's curves as they shared the softest moan. But she didn't want to go too far with Ciara.

Though she came to the realization that she'd never be able to fully let her go, she also wanted to respect her commitment to Normani.

She had already messed up by not telling the ebony about Ciara, let alone coming to her chamber. But in a weak moment – and in seeing how Normani and Chloe's relationship mirrored hers and Ciara's – she just had to come and see her.

With a soft pull of Ciara's bottom lip, Bey ended the kiss with three pecks, the two eyeing each other. Ciara's eyebrows furrowed a little before she touched her nose to her queen's.

"I'm sorry..." Bey uttered, "...but I don't wanna go too far...at least, not without talkin' to Mani first..."

Ciara smiled in understanding.

"I get it," she replied. "I'm just glad you came to visit me..."

The two shared a hushed laugh before growing more comfortable in Ciara's bed.

Suddenly, Bey felt a pull in her chest. Her eyes beamed in their golden hue as her conscious was pulled back to her dwelling, witnessing Normani pleasuring Chloe without so much as a care.

Taron was nowhere in sight, and Bey wondered why until she got a glimpse of her mate's eyes. What were once deep mocha irises were now pitch black – wild with desire and control.

Bey had never seen anything like it. But that's when she remembered witnessing Normani's eyes when she fully manifested.

Those hands pressed firmly against the ebony's eyes...that was the night Bey realized that something inside Normani was about to be set free. And looking into her eyes now, that something had escaped and completely took over.

"Bey?" Ciara said, noticing her queen's far off stare. "Bey, what's wrong?"

The blonde finally looked back into the younger demon's eyes as her own dimmed.

"...I have to go," she uttered, slowly sitting up before clothing herself.

Ciara watched her in confusion and longing.

"Okay...will we see each other again?"

Bey was halfway out the door before stopping to look back at Ciara, sending her a reassuring smile.

"Of course. I promise. I just have to take care of something."

Not wanting to leave the dark-haired woman high and dry, she walked back to give her a lingering kiss.

She decided to take the long way back to Inferno, wanting time to think about what she witnessed.

Normani had just succumbed to her spiritual prowess, which was unexpected for Bey. Though it proved to her that her mate was indeed just as special as her mother, it sparked so many questions.

Was there another purpose to Normani being here?

Was she meant to be more than Bey's mate?

What exactly was the meaning behind Normani's new spiritual awakening?

And what caused it to happen now?

None of these question could be answered without confronting Normani first. While Bey planned on doing so, she needed to approach it calmly and with reason.