Lend Your Voice!

*I'M STILL DOING RESEARCH ON THE ISRAEL/PALESTINE CONFLICT! SO IF I MISSPOKE ON ANYTHING, PLEASE CORRECT ME!*

Though I've made it a point to not interrupt the flow of my stories like this, I couldn't not say anything about the tragedy that's happening in the Middle East.

I'm sure many of you have seen what's been happening over in the land of Israel. Specifically in the strip known as Gaza.

There have been countless videos of innocent Palestinians being separated from their families, killed, or misplaced/evicted from their homes.

We, as Americans, are so privileged (entirely too privileged) to be so geographically separate from real world issues, that we often times fall ignorant to what other people are going through.

I'll be the first to admit, I had no idea of the historical conflict between Israelis and Palestinians until I felt the urge to do my own research.

That's a testament to how crappy the American education system is. As a child in grade school, we weren't taught ANY world history that didn't pertain to American society.

And even with our own history, there were a lot of parts that were swept under the rug and left out to feed our ignorance.

I encourage you all to research the Israeli/Palestinian conflict for yourselves and gain as much knowledge as you can on it!

This genocide has been going on since the late 40's with no rest! Higher ups/extremist groups from Israeli government are mad with power and a sick god-complex, using the innocent lives of the people of Gaza as either bate or some type of sick shield! It's not right! It's absolutely heartbreaking seeing how many lives have been LITERALLY destroyed from all this.

So many celebrities are taking too vaguely of stances on the issue, which only hurts the situation even more!

Please don't ever feel like there's nothing you can do. There's always something you can do!

If you can't donate anything to the people over in Gaza who need it, lend your voice! Spread awareness, retweet ACCURATE info on what's going on, share a link to a site or article that goes over the history of this ongoing genocide.

If any of you aren't aware of how deep this issue runs, there's a link I included in this message that you should be able to copy and paste into your browser that has the information you need.

Please...PLEASE don't be silent.

To not say anything is to be comfortable in your ignorance and to say to people who are affected by this that you just don't care.

If you're religious or have a personal relationship with a higher power, PRAY, PRAY, AND PRAY SOME MORE!

After you pray (and/or if you don't believe in a higher power), ACT! Like I said - spread awareness, knowledge, help, donate! Do whatever you can and whatever's in your power to do. Even if you don't have that big of a platform to work with.

For any of you who want to do your own research (which I highly encourage you do), here's a link to an article that details the conflict at large:

https://www.cfr.org/global-conflict-tracker/conflict/israeli-palestinian-conflict

Unfortunately, I don't have any links for non-profit organizations that can donate supplies to Gaza. If any of you know that much, please put them in the comments!

Much love to all of you! And please don't lose sight of humanity! We still need each other. We can't continue to stay silent!

🤍✨