𝟔𝟎✍

~

𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑹𝒐𝒚𝒂𝒍 𝑩𝒆𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒍

(𝑰𝑰)

The ninth circle of Treachery was buzzing with most, if not, all of the malevolence of the underworld for the royal betrothal.

There were only a few short moments before the ceremony would commence. And although Normani didn't need help with getting herself ready like she thought she would, she still wished she had Chloe here to at least put her mind at ease.

Unfortunately for her, it was forbidden for any of the malevolence who weren't a part of the royal chamberlain committee or procession to aid in the royal family's preparation. So there she was, sitting on her mate's childhood bed as she looked out onto the frozen wasteland that was steadily filling with more spirits.

She knew how much Bey loved seeing her navel piercing, so she requested that her betrothal dress be a two-piece ensemble – a black laced top that stopped at her mid-drift, with a long flowing black skirt that glided along the floor anywhere she walked. Her hair was slicked back to give way to her natural beauty.

She continued to look out the window before she sensed one of the chamberlains approaching the door

She continued to look out the window before she sensed one of the chamberlains approaching the door. She went to open it right before he was about to knock.

"Shouldn't be surprised that her majesty sensed me before I could even knock," he chuckled.

Normani smiled beside herself.

"Guess I have the case of betrothal jitters," she replied. "Have you or any of the chamberlains checked on Bey?"

"Yes, high priestess. She's still being prepped for the ceremony."

"And you're sure I can't go see her? Just for a little bit?"

"I'm afraid not. It's tradition for a couple that's to be unionized to not lay eyes on one another until the actual ceremony."

Normani released a small puff of air as she leaned against the doorway.

"Guess there are some mortal traditions ya'll kept..."

The other demon chuckled.

"Is there anything else I can do for you, my queen? Anything at all?"

Normani smiled at him before shaking her head.

"I'm fine. Thank you."

He bowed before making his way down the hall. Closing the door, Normani sighed before sitting back on the bed, looking down at her ring while tracing it. She smiled beside herself at the memory of how special this ring truly was.

"...whenever you think of me, whenever you connect to me...its diamond will turn black, and you'll have me wherever you go..."

Taking a deep breath, the ebony's eyes began to glow, the shape of her ring morphing into its second form. When she looked up, she was no longer in her mate's childhood bedroom.