Chapter 30 - Trickery

Previously, in the Ash vs. Cynthia Semi-Finals battle...

Cynthia's Kommo-o knocked out Ash's Dragonite and G-Max Gengar, allowing her to lead a 3-2 against Ash. Ash sent out Dracovish to take out the very exhausted Kommo-o, but with Dracovish at half health, it does not look good for Ash...

Ash (2): Dracovish (1), Pikachu (0), Gengar (0), Dragonite (1), Sirfetch'd (0), Pokeball (0)

Cynthia (3): Spiritomb (0), Garchomp (1), Glaceon (0), Kommo-o (2), Roserade (0), Pokeball (0)

---------------------------

"Come on, Ash! Don't lose here!" Kiawe yelled to the battlefield, "You take on the hopes of the entire Alola region!"

Brock followed, "Yeah, show Cynthia how strong you are now, Ash!"

Diantha looked at the stage and analyzed, "Cynthia seemed to be thinking of what pokemon she should send out next. She doesn't think that long. Maybe she is taking a break in her battling rhythm to distract Ash."

The announcer suddenly said in the mic, "Did someone just say 'taking a break'? Because we are taking a commercial break!"

Absolutely everyone looked at the announcer in the VIP room, "WHAT?"

Did you ever want to discuss pokemon with the readers and writers, but you could never find the right place to go?
You want to talk about autosports and Formula 1, but your friends are not watching that with you?
Or do you just want to talk with a bunch of friends who would joke about their day and their terrible school and work life?
Fret not, because we now have a Discord server doing just that!

The audience gasped! 😲

Enter the Pokemon Chat. You can discuss pokemon, share the fanfictions and artworks you are writing or loving, talk about the drivers and the teams in F1, and basically just talk about anything.

Wow! 😆

We are probably one of the kindest servers in Discord. The members are nice to each other and are supportive of each of their artworks and stories.

"This is one of the few servers where people are nice to each other!"

"Be nice and respectful to each other, then you can stay. How easy is that!"

That's so much better than the Blue Bird Social Platform! 👍

So, what are you waiting for? Come and chat with us in the Pokemon Chat. See that grey bubble box on your right? The link is over there! See you on the server!

*Commercial Break Ends*

"Ok...what in the actual heck is this?" Misty clenched her fist and showed a frustrated face, "Did God forget to take his pills?"

"Nah he's just a nerd who doesn't sleep at 2 AM," Bonnie smirked, "He is about to lose his mind for doing that. Don't worry about him."

-----------------------------

"Challenger Cynthia, please send out your next pokemon," the judge said to her.

Cynthia looked at the weird pokemon in front of her and thought of the next steps. She really wanted to check out this pokemon because of its ancient origins, but she should focus on the Tournament, or she would lose this match. She strategized in her mind, "Take this ancient pokemon out with the Hypnosis and Dream Eater Combo, and we only have Pikachu left to be concerned about."

Cynthia threw her Pokeball into the battlefield, leaving no time for Ash to react, "Spiritomb, use Hypnosis into Dream Eater!"

Spiritomb popped out from the Pokeball and started sending out psychic waves in all directions. Dracovish gasped when it saw the waves gradually moving at it. It didn't know what those waves were, but it knew well not to be in them.