Chapter 32 - No Longer Friends?

Gary's POV

A few weeks ago, during the Regieleki and Regidrago Capture Mission...

This should be the final Project Mew trial mission for this year. I was arranged to partner with Goh to catch Regieleki and Regidrago at an abandoned temple. I could only bring two pokemon to this mission, same for him. The good thing was that it was a 4 against 2. The bad thing was that none of us had any data about these two Pokemon, except for the very obvious Electric and Dragon-type info.

Our access to Bulbapedia was banned. What a mean way to stop us from reading their stats and their weaknesses!

Anyways, I had my Blastoise and my new Galar capture with me. It should not be a hard mission. I still managed to do some basic research on the geography and the temple structure. It's just the fact that I am partnering with Goh makes me a bit more concerned. I do not hate this guy, but he is not good at working with the team. Last time, his recklessness in trying to take out Articuno alone was proof.

I hope he has learned his lesson and does not sabotage our mission this time around. I can give him another chance and be less mean to him if he could do this.

I arrived at the temple. Goh said he arrived a few minutes earlier than me, but he had some trouble opening the door. He mentioned that their were some dots on the door, which looked to be some codes to crack in order to open the door.

I told him to step aside and let me do it, "I have done some research on this. Let me try inputting the blinking patterns of how the three Regis scream into the dots. This should work, if I am not mistaken."

I took out the cheat sheet that I had prepared earlier and started pressing the buttons by order of Regice, Registeel, and Regirock. The door slowly slid to the sides, allowing the two of us to get in.

Goh raised an eyebrow, "Not bad. How do you know about this?"

I said as we walked into the temple and accepted its darkness, "I always come prepared. Researching before a mission is basic stuff, so we can get through this quick and easy and don't waste anyone's time."

He rebutted, "You know-it-all. What have you brought for the mission?"

I told him I brought Blastoise and Hatterene, a new capture I made during my temporary travels in Galar.