𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

IS LOADING...

𝖺/𝗇: 𝖽𝗂𝖽𝗇'𝗍 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝗈𝖿𝗋𝖾𝖺𝖽

༉‧₊˚✧.* july 5th ༉‧₊˚✧.*
y/n's apartment.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

barbecue night turned for the worst.

the second zoro saw law's text, he shut down. he deleted the number, and the message, then proceeded as if nothing had happened. he probably should've been honest by telling y/n, but the mere thought of law getting back into her life irked him real bad. also, making rational decisions was impossible in his state.

from what y/n had told him, he moved far away from her, so he wouldn't possibly come back right? telling her would only make her sad for no reason. at least that's what zoro thought.

clueless, y/n had only thought it was because he was extremely drunk. so she didn't bother to ask him if everything was okay.

thinking back now, when the green haired man proceeded in talking about getting back with tashigi, that's when her gut feeling had told her something was going on;

-

"i'm thinking of... getting back with tashigi." the man slurred, his gaze still on the window.

although said quietly, those words loudly played in the back of her mind.

"what?" she almost abruptly stopped the car.

y/n couldn't deny there was a slight pang in her heart when she heard him say that.

they got so close ever since their date... yes, they were only friends, but the black girl couldn't help but develop something for the rude man.

and she didn't know, but it was the exact same for zoro. except he knew he couldn't win against her ex boyfriend, and so— to him, and only him— the best idea was to push her away first.

"okay. how do you want to go about us then?" y/n gulped, trying not to sound hurt.

zoro blinked, regretting ever opening his mouth to say such a lie. how did he want to go about them? he wanted to be with her, for real this time.

he could just come clean about law, communicate... if he was to actually come back, he'd lose her, but they could still be friends...

no, zoro didn't want to keep up this 'friends' bullshit, this 'fake dating' game. he liked her, he liked her a lot.

"i'm too drunk for this." he sighed, running a hand through his damp hair.

"you started this." she kissed her teeth.