16

S5 E15

A heartbeat started in the body and I awoke

A heartbeat started in the body and I awoke. I woke up and gasped for air. When I woke up I was lying in Scott bed with everyone except Lydia standing over me. Stiles became teary eyed and quickly hugged me. I started shedding tears. "I am so sorry Stiles for leaving you and Dad alone", I said crying. "Apollo don't do anything like that again", He said crying. "I promise I won't", I said wiping my tears. "So how did you guys bring me back", I said. "Scott healing powers and Kira lightning", Stiles said. "Scott healed the claw marks in your heart and then Kira jumped started your heart", Stiles said. "How long has it been", I asked. "Three weeks since you died", Scott said. "So fill me in", I said. They told me everything. "Do you know anything", Scott asked. "Yes the La bête du Gévaudan or also know as the La Bèstia de Gavaudan. The Beast of Gévaudan committed its first recorded attack in the early summer of 1764. A young woman named Marie Jeanne Valet, who was tending cattle in the Mercoire forest near the town of Langogne in the eastern part of Gévaudan, saw a beast "like a wolf, yet not a wolf" come at her. However, the bulls in the herd charged the beast, keeping it at bay. They then drove it off after it attacked a second time. Shortly afterward the first official victim of the beast was recorded 14-year-old Jeanne Boulet was killed near the village of Les Hubacs near Langogne. Throughout the remainder of 1764, more attacks were reported across the region. Very soon terror gripped the populace because the beast was repeatedly preying on lone men, women, and children as they tended livestock in the forests around Gévaudan", I said. "But that's all I know", I said. "How do you know all of this stuff", Scott asked. "Back at St. James I had to write a 3 page essay on something of France's history", I said. "So what's the plan now", I said. "Bring back Lydia", Scott said. "Where is she", I asked. "Eichen House", Malia said. "Alright then let's do this", I said.

-Scott's House-

"There's four steps. We get into Eichen, we get into the Closed Unit, we get Lydia, get out", Stiles said. "And we have to do it all of this while getting past orderlies, guards, electric door locks, and a Mountain Ash barrier", Scott said. "You have a plan for all of that", Kira asked. "I stole this last night off an orderly", Stiles said. "But it's useless they reset the codes each night", Stiles said. "So why did you take it", I asked. "I'm getting to that", Stiles said. "The only way to get Lydia out of Eichen is to make that key card work again", Scott said. "How are you going to do that", Liam asked. "We're getting to that, okay, just listen", Stiles said. "I pulled all the history off the key card. Two weeks ago, there was a brownout and the security system rebooted. During a reboot, all of the key cards revert back to a default code. So, if we trigger a reboot...", Stiles said. "The card goes back to the default code. It works again", Liam said. "How are we going to cause a brownout", Kira said. "That's your part. You're going to draw power from the main line. But only enough to cause the brownout. Not a blackout. Do that and you send Eichen into lockdown which would be bad. Very, very bad", Scott said. "There's an electrical room behind the reception counter. The main power line goes into two breakers that run power to all of Eichen", Stiles said. "Okay, slight problem. I don't know how to do that", Kira said. "That's okay. You have time to practice. "Let's say all this goes perfectly. How does a brownout get us into the Closed Unit of Eichen", I said. "The system takes five minutes to reboot. "In that five minutes all the alarms will be turned off the key card should work", Stiles said. "Liam, you and I get Stiles and Apollo to the gate of the Closed Unit", Scott said. "But after that, he has to go on his own. We can't get past the Mountain Ash barrier", Scott said."And when we're gone, all anyone's going to think is that there was a reboot of the security system caused by a brownout", Scott said. "Uh, any questions", Stiles asked. "How do we get into Eichen House in the first place", Liam asked. "What's our worst-case scenario", Malia asked. "What if I can't do it", Kira asked. "Okay, admittedly, a lot could go wrong. Everything could go wrong. Guys, if we don't do this, we lose Lydia", Stiles said. "She's going to die in there tonight. And she might take a lot of innocent people with her", Scott said.

-School-

"kind of mystified about how giant clawed werewolf feet turn back into a pair of sneakers", Stiles said. "Argent said it wouldn't be like anything we've ever seen before", Scott said. "Did he say it was going to defy the laws of physics", Stiles said. Then we saw Theo read a book. Theo was surprised to see me alive. "What are you doing here", Stiles said. "I still need to graduate", Theo said. "No. No. What you need is to be beaten severely with a lead pipe wrapped in barbed wire...", Stiles said. "Okay, I admit that mistakes were made", Theo said. "Murder. Some murder were made. Including my brothers", Stiles said. "You know how the Soviets helped us win World war II? They knew how to make it through a Russian winter", Stiles said. "That it? Okay. Thank you, Theo. Very informative", Stiles said. "If you're planning to break Lydia out of Eichen House, you still need to get past the Mountain Ash. We can make it through. You can't, Scott", Theo said. "What do you really want", I said. "I know you saw the fresco. Two seriously pissed off creatures, the Hellhound and the Beast, fighting over a pile of dead bodies. I don't want to be one of the bodies, it's that simple. I can get you to Lydia. Or we can see who gets to her first", Theo said walking away. "There's no way he knows what Valack's doing", I said. "Why's he so interested in her", Stiles said. He probably thinks what we're all thinking. That Lydia's got something bigger to do with this. That maybe she's the only one who can actually save us", Scott said.

-Scott's House-

"She took out the whole school", Scott asked. "She took out the whole grid", Malia said. "Look, I failed every single practice try", Kira said. "This isn't going to work", Kira said. "How far can we get without the brownout", Liam asked. "The front door", Stiles said. "We're going", Scott said. "Scott, we went through boxes of light bulbs", Kira said. "It doesn't matter. You can do this", Scott said. "The key card won't work unless there's a reboot. And there's no reboot without a brownout", Kira said. "I know you can do this. Anyone here think she can't", Scott asked. The room went quiet for a moment "Not me", Liam said. "I was the one who put you in the plan", Stiles said. Everyone looked at Malia. "What", Malia asked. "I believe in you too, Kira", Stiles whispered. "I'm the one who's going to be locked in an electrical room with her", Malia said. "Look Kira, all you need is confidence and that's it. And focus because without you Lydia might die", I said. "Yeah, you can do it", Malia said. "You guys are all crazy. We're gonna die", Kira said.

-Eichen House-

We hid in body bags and waited for us to be brought into the morgue. Once we got in we started the fifteenth minute timer. Scott put his ear to the door and waited for the guard to walk past. We started walking to Lydia's cell. Until we got to the entrance of the closed unit and saw three guards. "What are they doing there", Scott asked. "I don't know. Their rounds should've ended five minutes ago", Stiles said. "I can take them", Liam said. "No one's taking anyone", Scott said. "How much time", Stiles asked. "Three minutes", I sighed. "I'll just knock them out and hide the bodies", Liam said. "Oh, my God, please stop", Stiles said. Then a guy banged on his cell. "Did you take the doctor", He said. "What? Did you take the doctor", Liam whispered. "I haven't had my medication. I need ten milligrams at 8am, 15 milligrams at 1pm, and no more than 20 at dinner", He said. "Wow you are very punctual", I said. "We'll get the doctor...", Scott said. "Dr. Fenris. Dr. Fenris. They took Dr. Fenris", The guy started sobbing. "I haven't had my medication. I need to see the doctor. They took Dr. Fenris", The guy said banging on the cell. "Hey, somebody shut him up", Stiles said. "I need to see the doctor", He said banging even louder. "Apollo, shut him up", Stiles said. "With pleasure", I said as I used my powers to make him fall asleep. The guards went into another room. We head to the door of the closed unit. "Where's the card reader", I asked. "It should be here. It has to be here", Stiles said. "They must have taken it out when the Dread Doctors got through", Scott said. "Are you telling me we came all the way down here just to be stopped by an ordinary key", Stiles said. "Are you kidding me", I said. "We don't need a key. Not if we can break it down", Liam said. Scott and Liam tried to break the door down. They tried and tried but it won't budge. Liam and Scott came up with an idea to make Liam angry so they could get the door open and it worked. Stiles and I ran into the closed unit to get Lydia. But when we got there it was too late and the drill was already in Lydia's head. Lydia said we needed to go but Stiles and I wouldn't listen. We realized Valack was coming so Stiles and I hid. Then Theo and his pack came and they said they were looking for a hell hound. Then Parrish showed up on fire. "This is what I saw in the vision", I whispered.