Innocent yet suspicious

The next day after seeing another sign of love war between Marshall and Rocky, Chase during his daily patrol was in thoughts - no, not because of worry about relationship between his best friend and Everest, but the fact that the Dalmatian isn't even noticing it. That little exchange of compliments yesterday was a sign that Rocky won't give up and still, the German Shepherd didn't want to put Marshall under pressure. These thoughts occupied Chases' mind, but buzzing pup-tag managed to snap him off.

Chase: Yeah?

Zuma: Hey dude!

Chase: Hey, what happened?

Zuma: I'm thinking about talking with Marshall about all this stuff we talked about.

Chase: Mmm, I'm not sure about this. He's quite innocent about this and more though, we mustn't influence his relationship with Everest.

Zuma: Heh, saying this the guy, who's dating Skye for almost a year.

Chase: Haha, alright. We might try, but let's not be too harsh with that.

When the call was finished, Chase thought that the talk won't be a big problem - his best friend still was new to world of relationships, so they needed to give him some advice. These thoughts lightened up Chases' mood, so he kept patrolling on positive vibe. Let's leave him to it.

Meanwhile with Marshall

Marshall was playing frisbee with Ryder as Everest and Skye went for some 'girl hang out', he acted positive and cheerful and as you know, he's caring to his friends, and one of them was bothering our Dalmatian - no need to guess that the talk is about Rocky. Since the day when Marshall and Everest annouced their relationship, he noticed that the Mixed Breed started talking less with him, but with some annoying tone as well and more though, he couldn't understand what caused this. Still, Marshall also noticed that Chase and Zuma were talking about something yesterday and his name was tagged. But the Dalmatian decided to keep these thoughts for a talk with boys as he kept playing with Ryder.

Marshall (thoughts): It feels like I did something bad to Rocky, maybe I should talk to him? But his quite aggressive tone makes me feel unsafe, like it might turn into something worse. I wonder what Chase and Zuma were talking about, maybe they'll give me a clue.

35 minutes later

 Chase finished his daily patrolling and went to find Zuma, who after seeing the German Shepherd in his sight, called Marshall through pup-tag, when his leader arrived, the boys paw-fived each other.

Chase: So?

Zuma: Marshall's coming.

Chase: Like I said, do not press on him.

Zuma: Yep.

Few moments later, the Dalmatian has arrived.

Marshall: Hi guys.

Chase: Hey bud!

Marshall: I actually want to talk about Rocky. I can't understand his cold reaction towards me.

Chase: Well... we actually know the reason.

Marshall: Really?

Zuma: Yeah, and we're afraid that you won't like it.

Marshall: If we want to solve the problem we need to be ready for the worst case.

Chase: Smart!

Zuma: So the problem of your hardship with Rocky is... Everest.

Marshall: Everest???

Chase: Yes, because Rocky has feelings to her.

Marshall: Is he silly? She's dating me, she won't accept him.

Zuma: Let me tell you something... there're people, who has feelings to one person and when they realize that it's gone, they accept the defeat and everything's great, it's like between me and Chase when we were fighting for Skye.

Note: THIS QUOTE IS NOT CONNECTED TO BOOK "The real caretaker"!!!

Marshall: Ok.

Chase: And there're people, who don't accept defeat in conquering someone's heart - that the Rocky's type.

Marshall: So you think that he tries to steal Everest?

Zuma: Absolutely!

Marshall: Alright... I'll keep an eye on him, but I hope you'll help me.

Chase: For sure buddy!

Zuma: What's the matter, we do will!

The Dalmatian smiled, knowing that he has such good friends. Even still being innocent, he's now suspicious as well.

CHAPTER DONE!! Hope you will like it! See you soon and stay safe <3