Sad surprise

2 weeks later

Everest was driving in happy mood to the Lookout to see pups, especially Marshall. Jake again moved out for some personal things so the Husky had to stay in the Lookout under Ryders' control. During her trip, she imagined many things which she and her boyfriend will do while hanging out together. However, a little surprise will be awaiting for her as Everest will reach the Lookout.

At the Lookout, 5 minutes untill Everest arrives

Marshall was in his firefighter suit, running around all obstacles and putting out the fire from training targets. Skye and Zuma were checking time on chronometer as Chase was using his megaphone to cheer up his best friend.

Chase: Come on bud!! You're doing great!

Obviously, the Dalmatian didn't respond which was the right thing and kept going through obstacles. Soon he croosed the finish line and laid down to rest - that's when Rubble arrived with bowl of water in his mouth and placing it in front of Marshall.

Marshall: Thanks.

Rubble: Any time!

Then other pups came to him while he was drinking water, they let him drink so their friend could get refreshed and when he did so, Zuma walked to Marshall and showed the time on chronometer.

Marshall: It's quite decent time... much better than before!

Skye: That's actually insane time! It's equally the TOP-6 among all firefighter dogs in your category!

Chase: Which means you deserve nice rest! We may try again later!

Marshall: Today or tomorrow?

Chase: Possibly tomorrow because we might have missions. And you need energy.

Rubble: Good point! 

Then all pups started walking back to the Lookout as Everest arrived at the same time, she managed to see them and quickly parked her snowplower to get out and greet her friends.

Pups: Hi Everest!!

Everest: Hey lads! What's going on?

Chase: Well, Marshall is getting ready for big event!

Everest: Which one?

Zuma: Championship between all firefighter dogs in USA!

The husky became happy and sad at the same time: she was truly happy for her boyfriend that he'll participate in such big event, but it also meant that they won't spend time together just like she planned. Marshall though felt that and decided to talk about it.

Marshall: Guys, can you leave me and Eve alone? We need to chat.

Chase: For sure buddy! *Seems like it was a bad news for Everest, but well done still for sorting this out, Marshall*

Then the Dalmatian motioned his girlfriend to follow her and they walked to the bridge and that's where their talk had started.

Everest: Sooo, when you're going?

Marshall: In 3 days. The event starts on next week, long way to go.

Everest: I see... I wanted to spend some time with you during my staycation.

Marshall: I'm really sorry, Eve. But hey! We can hang out together for next days before my departure! Just you and me.

Everest: Really??

Marshall Why not! But ehh, only after my training.

Everest: Yeah, no problem!

Marshall: Thanks a lot, Eve.

The couple hugged each other and without any trouble got back to the Lookout. As you can see, they found a solution to make their bond super strong, but on the other side, how Rocky will react to such news?

CHAPTER DONE!! Hope you will like it! See you soon and stay safe <3