New bestie

1 hour later after Marshall's departure

Ryder gave pups some instructions as he found out that the owner must stay with his pup during whole tournament, which meant that Chase took the leaders spot in the team. Still, everything looked pretty calm today, so he decided to let the pups go on their own.

Chase: All citizens are aware that Ryder's absent so they'll call me... so you won't get worried if you miss the call.

Zuma: You got it dude.

Skye: We got you Chasey!

Rocky: Sure, no problem.

Chase: Ok, dismissed for now.

Everest nodded in understanding of Chases' instrctions and just when she was about to go somewhere, she spotted Rocky coming towards her - it was too clear that the Mixed Breed wanted to flirt to hang out together to distract her from her boyfriend, so the Husky quickly went to Rubble who went to his puphouse.

Everest: Hey Rubble! Any plans?

Rubble: Oh, I was about to go skateboarding. Wanna with me?

Everest: Yes, please.

Rubble: No problem! 

When Rocky spotted them chatting and even managed to hear their conversation, he got frustrated a little bit, but still he went for his attempt as Everest started walking to the Lookout to take all equipment for skateboarding.

Rocky: Hey, are you sure you want to skateboard?

Everest: Yes, I do!

Rocky: Come on... it's not that interesting. Maybe, we could hang out together?

Everest: Like I'll go on that bait to forget about my Marshy.

Rocky (thoughts): *What?? How did she find out?!*

Few minutes later, Everest found everything in the sports closet and went back to Rubble, who was also ready. She actually liked the Bulldog (not liked-liked) for being on the same wave in terms of active sports. They really enjoyed to compete with each other if they were snowboarding on winter or skateboarding on summer, but those times were when she was hanging out with Ryder and other pups. This time, they were about to do same only by themselves and noone else.

Rubble: Ready?

Everest: Yep!

Then Rubble and Everest rode on their skateboards away from the Lookout as Chase and Skye were watching them from afar.

Chase: Heh, I bet they're gonna have a competition during Marshalls' absence.

Skye: Definitely. Wanna play frisbee with Zuma?

Chase: Why not!

10 minutes later

Rubble and Everest were at the skateboard park, trying to do some tricks. Even despite Rubbles' bigger experience, his friend wasn't performing bad either. They also managed to make some synchronical moves together, like flips or sliding on the pipe. More though, the Bulldog also taught his friend some tricks and the Husky couldn't be any happier.

Everest: Woah, it took a lot of time to practice.

Rubble: That's true! Glad that you liked it.

Everest: You're welcome!

Rubble: By the way, why Rocky was following you?

Everest: Ehh, long story.

Rubble: Is it connected to Marshall? I quite heard about that.

Everest: Well... yes it is. But I think you're too young to understand that.

Rubble: I agree... I'm afraid that I'll sleep worse afterwards.

Everest giggled after such statement, she even thought about counting him as her second best friend after Skye. Still, he called her for another roll after their little rest and pups kept hanging out.

CHAPTER DONE!! Hope you will like it! See you soon and stay safe <3