Prologue

Somewhere in japan a boy was there. The quiet street was usually lonely, and had a few people. After all, this street wasn't popular after all. It was hidden. 

And there lived a certain boy, his hair was snow-white, he had lovely amethyst eyes and his face was gorgeous, a small and cute face. But his expression didn't seem to fit his cute appearance as he simply just looked outside the window with a sad face.

His eyes travelling down to the few kids playing in the streets, quite happily. He had a soft gaze on them before he looked away, jumping off from his bed while he walked around his room. 

He grabbed the keys of his apartment room while he opened the door, walking through the empty apartment hallways. His face held no emotion. In the first place, the boy himself didn't know what he was feeling. 

He only held that emotionless face for how long now, he didn't know. That was when suddenly, a siren was heard. "Emergency alert! Code: Red. Please evacuate to the nearest evacuation center." 

The sudden monotone voice was heard as the alarming sirens grew suddenly louder. The boy widened his eyes before suddenly a blast in the rooftop was heard.

Debris fell down to his figure, while a few small pebbles hit his head. The boy held his head, and tripped falling down to his butt while he stared at the roof. 

The roof was falling... Widening his eyes, the boy immediately rolled as a reflexive action and barely managed to dodge the falling roof while he stood up and immediately ran away.

His face was filled with desperation. "The Honkai? Why were the alarms so late?!" The boy ran through the hallways, searching for another way to exit. As he looked around he widened his eyes in confidence.

Realizing that there was another exit towards here, he ran through the corridors before spotting the stairs, he wasted no time and jumped through all of the steps on the stairs, while he looked back.

He turned to the right while running swiftly, the exit. His face was filled with relief while seeing the exit before suddenly a creature with white armor and pink highlights suddenly arrived on the ground.

The face of the creature taking a look at the boy while his face was once more filled with horrified shock. He can only take a few steps back before running away.

But alas, the creature's speed and strength was superior, it caught up to him in no time before raising its ferocious claws and swiping them, hitting the legs of the boy.

A large wound opened up on the boy's legs while he tripped and fell to the ground. The creature wasted no time to finish off his prey before the boy rolled once more, entering a small room to his left while he groaned in pain.

His body limping while purple strands of lines suddenly appeared from the boy's body, coming out from his legs.

It was moving up towards his body slowly, he could feel his consciousness slowly dying while he felt tired, too tired in fact. Only his adrenaline even managed to last him this long. 

But the boy wanted to survive, no, he needed to survive. He held the ground with his palms while he forced himself to stand up. "I have to... I-I..." But the boy's body couldn't take it.

He fell to the ground with a thud before the beast on the other side of the room suddenly barged in, not before being suddenly slammed away by a blue beam. 

A robot appeared before him. "A survivor!?" A voice inside of the robot said, before it suddenly turned around and punched the beast straight in the face. 

The beast although, was stunned didn't gave up and lunged and the robot, but before the beast can reach the robot, the robot held it's claws and slammed it to the ground.

Charging up the cannons in his back, the robot fired a beam on the head of the beast, incinerating the beast's face, eventually killing it. 

The robot's front face suddenly opened up, revealing a man with a helmet on. "Hey! We have a survivor here!! Oh crap, he's infected."

...

The boy opened his eyes, a white ceiling greeted him while he stared at it for a while. What happened? The memories of the beast chasing him filled his mind, he suddenly shot up from the bed while he stared at the ground, profusely sweating. 

He was suddenly greeted by the door opening, his face was filled with horrified shock while staring at whoever opened the door.

A woman with dark purple hair, tired to a ponytail. She had a lab coat on while she looked quite tired, eyebags beneath her eyes.

For some reason, the boy felt so tired, weak and powerless, it felt as if though he was chained by something. He took a good look at his leg, which was bandaged, but oddly enough there were purple lines streaking out from said bandages. 

"Hello..." 

"..." The boy didn't speak, only surprised while he looked at the ground with a sorrowful expression on his face. 

"Not talkative, well, I guess that works for me though. Let me introduce myself. My name is MEI. You can call me Dr. Mei." She said with a small smile on her face.

The boy looked up to her face slowly. "My name is Kosetsu." Kosetsu weakly introduced himself, still looking at the bandaged leg he had. 

"Can you tell me more about yourself, like age, occupation? Anything?" MEI asked while sitting down on the chair, she still had that small smile on her face. For some reason, it comforted the boy.

"I'm 19 years old, I'm a college student. Although I'm affected with Honkai radiation now, right?" The boy said, with bitter sorrow as he stared at the bandaged leg, the line covering his whole feet. 

MEI was about to speak when suddenly the boy spoke faster, his question was grim, expressionless, a voice filled with nothing but acceptance for something that he shouldn't accept. "When do I die?"

The sudden question made MEI's eyes widen in shock. But she only shook her head. "You won't... I promise. And if I did fail, you can hate me all you want..." 

Kosetsu didn't respond, he only looked at her steeled gaze before looking away to the window. 

The room stayed like that for a few while before MEI suddenly stood up, she turned her back around, slowly walking towards the exit, but not before taking a glance at the boy who was in the hospital bed.

Only a small adorable smile was in his face, a smile befitting of his figure.