A Future, Without You

(The first ending!) 

I stared at the ceiling of the white room, I wasn't bored or anything, but I knew that I was turning into a herrscher. Slowly staring at my hands, it was pitch black... a cascaded form of what used to be my hand. 

I could only sigh while gazing at it. I wonder, what could have happened if I have not been attacked by the Honkai? Surely I would have kept on being that loner, wouldn't I? 

I could only scoff emptily. "Ahh... What a weird situation I'm in." I emptily said, feeling quite disappointed in myself. "What I don't want to see, is what I don't see." 

And the only one mistake I have probably done, is to never see their pure kindness. I guess in truly I am the most flawed human ever? No? 

I scoffed while pushing my body up, shifting my position, crossing my legs while sitting.

I'm going to die.

Simple as that. Still even though I've accepted it, I still want to at least live life longer. Live a bit more... see a bit more, and finally to see the world without the intentions of others. 

My eyes stared emptily, closing my heart was something that I have always done, closing my heart to kindness. I only felt kindness through what I perceive is kindness, but never did I truly feel kindness in my heart.

What a pathetic being I am. 

Execution, that's what's going to happen to me. My body will be destroyed leaving only the herrscher core after it. I guess one of my regrets was never telling those 13 that I'm about to die. 

Well they probably have, Honkai radiation is a disease that has no cure after all. I am glad that I managed to enjoy most of my time with them. 

I heard the door clicked while I stared emptily, it was MEI. Standing right on the doorway, her eyes were too emptily staring at me. "It's time." I said, expressionless. 

"..." She didn't respond, only staring at me emptily. After a few seconds of silence...

She was trembling, her body was trembling, tears... tears were dropping from her eyes. I don't understand, she was crying... for me? I widened my eyes. 

For some reason, the thought of somebody crying for me felt nice, somehow. I only stared at her eyes, "You..." I could only say. "You're crying." Well don't captain obvious! 

I cursed myself inwardly, of course, she was crying. I just didn't know what brought that up, in the first place I'm not really that great when it comes to emotions like this. 

"Good job, Watson." MEI sarcastically said while the tears didn't stop, nonetheless, I could see determination in her eyes, the determination to keep looking at me despite being corrupted by this herrscher. 

Yet I asked something. "Why?"

"Why, what?" MEI immediately replied, her eyes held something, similar to disbelief, as if this question was specifying to something she didn't like to hear. 

"Why are you cryi-?" 

"Tch!" Before I could finish my sentence, the doctor stomped her foot on the ground and I suddenly felt a sharp pain on my cheek while my head was turned around. "Idiot!" I heard her scream. 

I placed my hand on my cheek, while I turned my head around to look at the sobbing Dr. MEI. 

She slapped me.

Ouch.

"You're such an idiot! Are you actually that stupid!?" Stupid? I guess that's somehow true. Why did I expect to truly understand people when even I don't understand myself? In the first place... "You're going to die, and the first thing you ask is; why are you crying!?"