Dr. MEI

MEI knew one thing, she was acting quite weird around that patient. For some reason as if though, she wants to do everything to protect him.

She sighed while knowing the gravity of the actions she did. A promise that might not even be fulfilled. She can only sigh once more while thinking about it, either way, she wanted to... protect him.

Entering the room with a small smile, MEI was greeted by a Kosetsu who was reading a book. He looked towards the door with a confused face. 

"?" He tilted his head a bit, he placed down the book before MEI approached the chair and sat down on it. 

"How are you feeling?" Dr. MEI asked having that same small smile while she stared at his face. Kosetsu, looked at his hands before deeply sighing. 

"Tired... always tired... Even after sleeping I feel tired." Kosetsu whined while Dr. MEI only chuckled. For some reason, seeing him like this made MEI feel a lot of things.

Feelings that she doesn't understand. 

"That's normal, other people affected with Honkai radiation are like that. Any other feelings? Headaches?" Dr. MEI said while writing on her book, seemingly taking notes.

"I think... I'm slowly turning blind..." Kosetsu said grimly while Dr. MEI's face immediately turned grim too. She placed her gloved hand on his own hands.

"It is quite common..." Dr. MEI said while holding his hands, even though it was covered with  glove, Kosetsu knows how warm her hand is. He can only make a small smile.

"By the way, where am I? I forgot to ask."

"Oh, you're in the MOTH's facility. Don't worry, you have a special case of Honkai radiation you see, it's quite hard to not observe you." 

"Observe me!? Y-you mean y-you've beeen stalking me this entire time!?" Kosetsu held his cheeks in horrified shock, jumping out of his bed, while Dr. MEI widened her eyes.

"I was NOT!" She tried to retaliate to his crazy remark, she held out her hands while blushing deeply in embarrassment. Kosetsu then let go of his cheeks, before starting to laugh.

"Hahahaha!" Quickly realizing that the boy was messing with her, Dr. MEI made an adorable pout before looking away, her face filled with annoyance. 

"Uuuuu..." A weird noise came out from her mouth, usually she'd be professional at this type of things. Calm and strict, that would be how she usually works, for some reason. Right in front of this person, she just can't stay still. 

Her body naturally smiled, it feels as if though, she was falling in love with somebody she met a few days ago. Naturally, she's been visiting him everyday, checking him for his conditions. Although, it changed to visiting him everyday, because she wanted to see his face. 

She didn't know what to feel about him, or rather she just lets her heart-tugging emotions flow through her heart when she's around him. 

She just... didn't know at this point. She could only stare at Kosetsu who was laughing. "Say, what do you think about the stars?" 

"Stars? Well... Very pretty I guess? Why the sudden question?" She answered, unsure. She can only tilt her head a bit before Kosetsu smiled.

"Nothing, I usually like stargazing you see, it was one of my hobbies." 

Was? "You mean it isn't your hobby anymore?" MEI asked while placing the notebook on the nearby table.

"You can say so. Stargazing usually was my hobby because I was with my mom at that time. So with her gone, I guess I didn't have the heart to do it anymore." Kosetsu said before reminiscing.

MEI knew that Kosetsu rarely talks about himself, MEI could only smile. "I have free time... how about we go... stargazing." MEI suggested, a very gracious smile adorning her soft face.

Kosetsu immediately turned his head to MEI, he could only make a gentle smile. They both smiled at each other. 

At maybe at this moment, MEI knew she had fallen, really deep. But it seems as though, she wanted to sink deeper, into his clear, ocean-like eyes.