ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 12

"Morris?" Katy asked while she and Shang cleared their throats and came out from behind their friend.

"Oh, Morris! They can see you! You're real! All this time I thought I was hallucinating him. Oh, this is such fab news" the man on the chair cheered.

"Where's his face?" Katy's question received a growl from Morris.

"He's a bit sensitive about that" Trevor shushed the creature "And he says he knows who you are"

The three friends shared confused looks

"It talks...It talks to you?" Madeline asked the man.

"If he didn't talk to me, I would have gone mad yonks ago" Katy and Mades shared a look.

"How would he know me?"

"He says he grew up with your mum. In Ta Lo" Morris purred when the young man leaned down to caress his feathered back "Apparently, your father picked him up in some magic forest on one of his expeditions to find the entrance" the creature cooed once more "He wants you to take him home"

"Believe me, buddy, I would if I knew how. According to my dad, the path there only opens once a year" Shang says ruefully letting the animal hop back to Trevor to chitter in the man's ear.

"Oh" Trevor chuckled "Morris says he can guide you there right now. You can get through the maze without waiting for the path to open. But, and it's a big but, it's very dangerous"

"How dangerous?" Katy asked.

"No one's ever made it out alive. But Morris is 90% confident he can guide us through safely" the man said.

The three friends looked relieved to hear that until Morris let out a squeal and Trevor corrected himself.

"Oh. Sorry" the man chuckled "19%"

Madeline took Shang's hand when he looked down in a dejected way.

"Look, Mads and I have done dumber things with worse odds. But even if that chicken-pig is right" Katy received a whine from Morris "We're still locked in your..."

She was cut off when the wall besides them collapsed and Xialing came out of the other side.

"Whew!"

"How did you..." Shang asked her.

"Dad has a tunnel system under the whole compound. Thats how I escaped last time" she explained. She looked at Trevor's lap where Morris was still lounging on the man and chose to ignore it.

"Oh" Katy nodded in understanding.

"This will take us straight to the garage" she said.

They all quickly followed her down to the garage that appeared to be stocked with a cars. She grabbed keys from the hooks at the door and pushed the unlock button, one of the sportier cars beeping.

"Oh, my God. I kinda like this guy" Katy said as the keys were tossed to her.

"Just head up that ramp and through the front gate. Should be a straight shot. Figure we got about 30 seconds until he..." Shang said as he opened the passenger door to find Trevor with Morris on his lap there.

"Do you mind? I get sick in the back. Carsick" the man said, making Shang sigh.

He opened the back door and forced Madeline to scooch over to the middle as Katy started up the car.

The armless man from the bus came out down the door and raised his only hand at them as Katy floored the car's gas pedal.

"That's my car!" they heard him shout.

As soon as they made it up half way of the ramp, the alarm sounded and they were cut off by four vehicles. Katy swore out loud before backing up the car at full speed.

"God damn it. Hold on" she told them "Is there another exit?" she asked.

"The other end of the garage" Xialing shouted back "But we need a fingerprint to open it"

Katy swerved and made a quick U-turn speeding forwards. Motorbikes were coming from both side and catching up to the car.

"Incoming!" Shang shouted the warning before grabbing Madeline's back of the neck and forcing her to lower her head as his window was shattered open.

Xialing swung herself out of the car and smacked one of the drivers on the head causing his bike to swerve out of the way and hit another. Shang was fighting his own biker on his side and managed to hold onto one of them as he threw a baton into the bike's wheel and caused that one to crash as well.

When he brought the man into the car through the broken window he was still fighting.

"Guys!" Katy said as they got closer to the exit door "What's happening back there?"

"Doing our best" Shang grunted.

"Just one second" Madeline said as the man hit Shang.

"Scan hand print for gate access" the screen in the centre of the car lit up with the alert.

"Hurry up!" Katy shouted again.

"I'm trying! Mads help!" the male retorted.

She forced the helmet off of the biker's head and raised it over her own and out the window so it made another bike fall, the familiar feeling of energy feeling her helping with headbutting the man on the forehead hard enough to make him pass out.

"Scan hand print for gate access" the machine repeated.

"Shaun!" Katy shouted out once more.

"Quick! Quick!"

Shang pulled the man's glove off and pulled the limbless arm over Madeline over to the screen and pressed it to it.

"Shit!" Katy and Madeline shouted in unison as they got closer and closer.

"Access approved" the notification was a godsend as the steel door opened fast enough to let them drive through to the outside.

"Close it, close it, close it" everyone else in the car chanted.

Shang pressed the man's hand to the screen again making the door close right over the nose of the car coming up behind them.

He opened the side door and dropped the man's unconscious body at the gates as they sped away from the Xu household.

They all let out sighs of relief as they allowed themselves to relax onto the car seats.

Shang looked back to his old house and then turned his gaze to the front. Madeline leaned her head to the side so it fell on the man's shoulder and slipped her hand under his, intertwining their fingers and squeezing his to try and comfort him.

Shang placed his head on top of hers as Katy drove the car to where Morris and Trevor were directing them.