ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 22

Wenwu took one look at his son of goodbye as one of the Dark One's tentacles grabbed him around the torso, flailing him around.

Shang took the rings his father slid off to him as he was brought up to the Dark One's malformed mouth.

Shang Chi and Wenwu shared one look as the father had his soul sucked out of him. Shang fell to the ground as his father's limp body dropped down and the Dark One slammed the mountain side making the rocks cover the gate that had held it for so long.

The Dark One was pushed back by the Protector that roared at him. The Dark One growled back at him and turned to the city instead.

"Shang!" the man looked back at his father's body and took the decision to leap onto the dragon's passing body as it scarped the side of the mountain.

"It's headed for the village" he shouted after knocking down the rocks to cover the gate so no more of the smaller suckers came out.

Xialing glanced down to where he father's body was now lying with a desperate look. Madeline placed her hand on the other girls' shoulder to try and console her a bit.

He hadn't been a very good father, but he had been their father so it was clear that the two siblings felt distraught.

Madeline, who was now sitting behind Shang Chi, reached a hand over to his shoulder, him placing his hand on hers and holding it.

The great Protector flew down to the village, its tail hitting the water of the lake beneath them as it went down to attack the Darak One.

As the Protector's eye glowed with golden power, Xialing saw that Madeline's own eyes began to glow the same color.

"Madeline" she called for her.

"I know I know" the other woman said as she gritted her teeth while the water flew at both their sides "I didn't know why that happens now let's focus on what's happening now"

The water beneath them glowed brightly as the dragon got closer and closer to the village. The Protector shot out of the water, a dart of the bright light beneath it continued on into the village and reached under the Dark One, the waters raising to form a barrier around the other beast.

Ж

Katy looked up when the bigger soul sucker got close to them only to be thankfully stopped by the waters rising out.

Ж

The dragon flew around the Dark One's body, surrounding it with the water from the lake trying to drown it under.

Madeline, Xialing and Shang Chi looked down from the dragon's head as the Dark One roared at them in retaliation, not really being able to get out of the water prison.

Just as it looked like the dark beast was going to fall under, the chittering noise of more smaller ones came from behind them, carrying souls they had taken and throwing them into the larger soul sucker's mouth.

From the sky Madeline saw the creature's neck light up purple with power as it recharged.

"Look out!" she warned them as the Dark One unfurled its wings and got out of the water prison.

Ж

"If it gets the dragon's soul it will be unstoppable!" Guang Bo told Katy as they looked up to the Dark One managing to claim its tentacles around the dragon's head and neck to open its mouth.

As they came out from hiding and drew their bows at the beast, something hit Guang Bo upside the head making him fall unconscious.

(I did not save this man before just to kill him later)

Ж

As the dragon's soul came up from down over its tail and towards its head, Shang took Madeline's hand.

"Xialing!" they shouted when a tentacle grabbed the girl.

The two of them reached over to hold her so she didn't fly off while the two larger beings fought for control.

Shang made the rings on the arm he was holding his sister with curls around both their arms and Madeline held onto the tuff of mane from the dragon as her whip slithered around Xialing's torso.

"You have to let me go" she told her brother.

"No" he strained out.

As they were beginning to lose hope, Madeline saw a red arrow coming at them from the corner of her eyes and strike the Dark On in the throat and making it let out a wail of pain and stopping it from sucking out the Protector's soul.

The two siblings flew back onto the dragon together and Madeline held onto the dragon's neck as she nearly fell off its back.

"Mads!" Shang Chi leaned over the side and grabbed her to swing her onto the back with them and wrapped an arm around her waist.

With newfound determination, the Protector swung down to the lake where the Dark One followed behind them. The dragon tried to do the whole water prison again, capturing and immobilizing the creature rather quickly.

"Shang" Madeline pushed him forward, giving him a quick kiss just in case before he jumped into the sky, throwing his rings at it.

"Oh no, non lo fai" Madeline said as the creature's tentacles tried to reach for Shang Chi (Oh no you don't).

She flicked the Golden Whip, the weapon somehow growing longer as it slithered around the things flailing tentacles and cutting most of them off.

From the sky Shang made the Ten Rings fly into the Dark One's mouth and down its throat. He circled his hands, the rings created a circle together, lighting up its chest. With a hard pull, the rings came out of the chest cavity, killing the creature in a large blast that resonated throughout the field.

Shang Chi fell on the dragon, Madeline bringing back her whip to her as she grabbed onto the man's arm to pull him back onto the dragon.

The dragon landed carefully and the three of them stepped down from it.

"Katy!" Madeline shouted as she saw her friend from the buildings of the village.

She and Shang Chi ran at her friend and pulled her into a tight hug.