Track Fourteen: Sincerely, A Worried Mother

Derek Barkley (journalist, author of 'Unfiltered: London Revival): After the tour, London Revival saw a huge surge in popularity. Their album was selling out fast and the demand was high. The edge in their sound was just ahead of its time but with bands like Nirvana starting out on the scene and becoming popular over in the states, grunge was starting to pick up and people were hungry for more.

Kian Cash: It's what every artist dreams of, but no one can ever predict it. It's safe to say that London Revival didn't know what hit them when they finished that tour.

Bentley: Man, life after that tour... it was so, so cool.

Vince: I couldn't even pop to the corner shop to top up on milk anymore without people asking for my autograph. I felt like such a rockstar.

Dahlia: There were parties.

Bentley: One girl had me sign her arm, said she was going to the tattoo shop straight after. So sick.

Dahlia: More parties.

Vince: I had the time of my life. We peaked, right then. We did. Not a lot of people would want to admit that, but I'm just being realistic.

Dahlia: Oh, did I mention the parties?

Axel: After tour I settled down. I don't know, the rest of the band were out drinking, partying, but it just kind of felt right for me at that point in my life to start focusing on what mattered.

Seeing Figgy again made me realise how lucky I was to have the life I do. The album sales were raking it in, we had another tour booked; this time UK-wide with a couple of shows in Europe. I was already working on material for the next album, and Flo was a huge support. It just made sense.

Florence: It came as a real shock, but a welcome one. When Axel got back, he bought us a house. An actual house. Not an apartment. I felt bad moving out from my little flat above The Underground, but I'd see Pops almost every day at work and I was head over heels in love. Could you blame me?

I'll never forget when he came into the bar and handed me the keys over the counter, so nonchalant. I'd never imagined he'd do that so quickly in my wildest dreams, so it took me a good five minutes to guess. He liked that game, and he liked it even more when it took me so long to guess right.

Axel: Next came the ring.

Florence: Two months after we moved in together, he popped the question!

Axel: I'd never been more certain of anything in my life.

Florence: It was the easiest decision I've ever had to make. Of course I said yes.

Axel: I had the ring specially made for her. It cleared out the bank, but with the cash flowing in so quickly I couldn't help myself, I knew I'd make it back. That sounds awfully cocky, doesn't it?

Florence: Oh, such a beautiful ring. It had this big oval diamond that he'd picked out himself. He had the inside engraved with 'I'll love you always, Florence Faintheart'. It couldn't have been more perfect.

Axel: We went away on our next tour, and the wedding was planned for as soon as we got back. I spent all my time on the bus between shows writing and perfecting a song I'd sing to her at our reception.

Florence: I missed him so much when he went away on tour, but I daydreamed the days away thinking about our wedding.

Bentley: Axel and Flo moved way too fast. Every week it was something new, I was waiting for their baby announcement.

Vince: Yeah, they moved pretty quick. But I think it suited Axel. I mean, he'd partied hard enough in his lifetime for the rest of us combined. We had some catching up to do. But for him, it was time to settle down.

Dahlia: I was really happy for him. Florence was a lovely girl, and even though they may have rushed through things, it gave Axel the sense of security he needed. It gave him that extra layer of motivation he needed to stay on the right path.

Kian Cash: Their wedding was phenomenal. If you can only say one thing about Axel Faintheart, it's that if he does something, he does it right.

Florence: The reception was outdoors in this gorgeous big field. We had huge white teepees with hanging fairy lights and we danced under the starry night until our feet wouldn't carry us any longer.

I'm so grateful that Pops got to see me get married before he passed. He was determined to walk me down that aisle, and he did. I'll treasure that forever.

Kian Cash: My daughter looked so beautiful that night. She was a bridesmaid. She'd always said that she wanted to be someone's bridesmaid. Her smile didn't break once all night. She just danced and laughed and networked. I was completely beaming with pride. I'll never feel that proud ever again, it's not possible.

Axel: People say we moved fast, that we went through the motions too quick. But it worked for us. I knew that I loved Flo and making these commitments to her motivated me to keep going. I had too much to lose if I slipped up.

Isabelle Faintheart: When I found out through a newspaper that my son had gotten married without telling us, I knew that it was about time to repair the family bond. The last I'd seen him was in the hospital before he'd gone to rehab and he ignored every single letter I sent after that. I spent too long worrying whether he was okay - I had to wait for paparazzi sightings to tell me he'd made it out the other side.

I'd write to him almost every week, telling him about what was going on in our lives and asking about his. I'd only ever find out anything through the news, seeing him up on the stage in a black and white picture but never in person. It broke my heart.

Tim has always been a very tough nut to crack, and he was incredibly stubborn when it came to Axel, but he was his son at the end of the day. And when his son is fronting a band that were performing to thousands and thousands of people shouting his name for an encore, how could he possibly still be disappointed in him?

I spoke to Tim, and we all decided as a family that we should do whatever it took to make him feel welcome at home again. His life was flashing past us in the blink of an eye and I didn't want to miss any more of it. I wanted to meet my daughter-in-law - so I wrote to her, instead. I figured that I may have better luck that way.

Addressed to Mrs Florence Faintheart

Dearest Florence,

Congratulations on your wedding, the photographs looked immensely beautiful. As did you, what a wonderful gown. Axel has always had a taste for the finer things in life, my darling, and clearly you are the shiniest jewel in the crown.

We haven't yet met, and this saddens us all as a family. You must come and visit us for tea, I'll request only the best for you, dear. We miss Axel deeply, and hope that you will be the glue to repair this travesty.

It is up to you to bring Axel back to his family where he belongs. I'm afraid I have tried everything to get into contact with him, but you are my last hope. We adore our boy and want to see him home, and to have the additional pleasure of meeting the apple of his eye.

Please join us for tea on the 8th December. I'm afraid there is far too much to catch up on, but it's my wish that we make a start.

Sincerely,
A worried mother
Mrs Isabelle Faintheart