Questions

Useless!

Weak!

Pathetic!

Lucario POV.

I'm jolted away by someone shaking me. My eyes shot open and I look around confused. My vision I blurred, I can only make out an outline.

"Oh! Thank Arceus you're awake!" The Cinderace yelled out. With a sigh of relief.

"....What? What are you-" I was gonna question it but I felt something running down my face.

"Well. I woke up before you. I was going to go try and find food because I was hungry. But then when I looked over to you, you were crying." She said.

She had a worried look on her face. She was sitting on her knees to the right of me. No telling how long she's been trying to wake me.

"Ah." I say rubbing my eyes. "B-bad dream is all. I'm fine." I say.

"Are you?" She asks. "It takes a lot to make a Lucario cry. You were shaking, crying, and mumbling somethin! I couldn't exactly hear but-" I cut her off.

"I'm fine!"

... She keeps going

"But you seemed so upset-"

I cut her off

"I'm fine I said!"

She just kept pushing on.

"You're not! I may not be the smartest but I know when someone's lying!" She yells out.

"Listen, I appreciate that you're worried about me. But I'm fine. And when a person tells you they're fine, you don't tell them that they are wrong." I say. "It was a bad dream. A sad dream actually. That's why I cried." I lied.

"Well, how sad was it?" She asks.

"Very." I replied.

"What was it about?" She asked.

"Are you gonna just ask questions all day?" I ask

"Depends on how much information I get now." She smiled at me.

I stare at her. I sigh. "The dream was about something that happened in the past. The reason I live in the forest now!"

She gets comfortable, instead on being on her knees, she is now sitting beside me. "Share!" She says excited to hear.

"Did you not hear when I said it was sad?" I ask.

She puts on a sad face. I know it's fake, but its pretty entertaining.

I sigh. "It was about how my trainer abandoned me. He found me 'Weak' and 'useless'. He was so disappointed, that he didn't even want me in his PC full of stronger Pokemon. So he just tossed me out." I explained. I feel myself tear up a bit but I'm able to hold back.

"Man. That guy sucks. How long had it been?" She asked.

"What?" I ask confused.

"How long had it been since he tossed you?" She asked.

...

"All of that... And you're wondering how long I've been out here?" I ask. "No I'm sorry to hear that' just 'How long?'" I stare at her.

She had nothing to say.

I just sigh and cover my face. I feel something wrap around me.

"I'm sorry. I really am. I'm sorry for what happened. And I'm sorry for not taking in the bigger picture. Instead I just asked how long.... Some new friend I am." She said.

I blinked. I wasn't sure what to do in this situation. This STRANGER just hugged me. I just sat there taking the hug, not sure what else to do.

It was silent.

"Are you hungry?" She asked, breaking the silence.

"No i-... Yeah, I could eat." I said. I wasn't so hungry, but saying no would make this more awkward.

She jumped up and ran off. "I'll find ya something! I'll be back!" She yelled as she ran.

I leaned my head back against a tree. And cried.