Chapter 15; Everybody Loves the Theater

This chapter is going to talk about Bruce Banner's Dissociative Identity Disorder.

Reminder to everyone!

This chapter is NOT supposed to bring down people who happen to have this disorder!

If you do have this disorder and want to enlighten me on the topic; I encourage you to leave some constructive criticism and express your point of view on the matter - I will be sure to listen and adjust this chapter as such!

There will be no tolerance for backlash or rude comments toward the disorder or people who have it! YOU WILL BE BLOCKED!!!

With that in mind, what is listed are two examples I found of people who happen to have Dissociative Identity Disorder and how their alters express themselves.

The patient suffers successive daily amnesias and fainting spells unresponsive to previous treatment - the adult personality state is aware of the infantile one but is not reciprocally recognized. The patient also clings to her husband analogously to a father figure and demands immature rewards for doing small acts, such as demanding chocolate bars in exchange for taking her daily medication.

A sad example is the fact that in some cases of DID, some alter personalities do not consider the children of the host personality to be their children.('Why should I take responsibility for the children? They are not my children anyway! If Janet wants children, that's just fine with me, but she should not bother me with the problem).

There is a video on YouTube titled, "Meet the Six Personalities Living Inside This Woman's Head" by USA Today.

____________________________________

Bruce was in the midst of nibbling on his pancake when his boyfriend dropped tickets in front of plate without anything else, "What is-"

"We are goin' to the theater, Bruce. Remember? They had that play or somethin'." Thor reminded.

"Oh," Bruce nodded softly once he remembered as the thought slipped his mind, "yeah."

"It's the matinee, so be ready by 1. It starts at 2." Thor informed before getting up to put his dish in the sink and heading to their room to get dressed.

Bruce let out a heavy sigh as the man walked out to return to being in the snow while he was stuck inside, supposed to having a romantic vacation in a cabin with his boyfriend, but he blew that.

After a few more hours went by, Bruce took a quick shower, got dressed, and then was ready to leave by 1 o'clock sharp while his boyfriend was calling the car over.

"Get a drink and some popcorn."

"I'm not hungry." Bruce frowned at the order as he knew his body better than his boyfriend, it was his body, after all.

"It's not for you. It's for me, Bruce. I'm hungry and I want a drink." Thor scoffed as he was pocketing the tickets after paying for them.

Bruce rolled his eyes at the comment, but walked toward the growing line, then waited patiently beside his boyfriend, who still had yet to apologize for his comment the morning prior.

"Two drinks and one large bucket of popcorn." Thor spoke up once they got to the front and took out his wallet again.

"What drinks would you like?"