Her Fake Smiles (Pt. 2)

Here you go you spoiled hoes🙄💜 it's a little short sorry🥲✌🏼(also sorry it took so long I literally had such a bad writers block-)

The heels of my shoes dig into the gravel as I sprint down the path to the school. I hadn't been on campus when I received a shivering text from someone. My lungs sting and my eyes burn with unshed tears while my feet pound into the ground.

Time is ticking but I feel like I'm moving too slowly. I will my legs to move faster and I pump my arms with any ounce of strength I have left to make it to the roof in time.

I know she'll do it. She's been 'joking' about this shit for 4 months now. I should've taken it more seriously but I just brushed it off like a moron.

I burst through the school doors and quickly scan the area

Nothing. My eyes land on a certain brunette. Somi.

"Where is she!!" I shout and grip onto the collar of her pleaded sweater.

"The roof! She ran up about 10 minutes ago" her eyes told nothing but truth and fear as did her mouth, so I roughly released her and dart to the staircases.

I hasten my steps even more as I jump up the steps in pairs of 3, making it up to the top in no time

My eyes brim with more tears as I catch sight of a certain strawberry blonde standing on the ledge. Feet just barely hanging on the corner of the concrete edge.

My feet move faster than my mind can ponder, I see white as I'm thrusting myself over to her, hauling the girl to safety in my arms.

"Why.." is all I can manage to squeak out as the barriers break and my tears pour down my cheeks and onto the ground under us. I don't get a response, just the feeling of her far too slender arms wrapping around my waist.

The sensation of her trembling hands on my back brings more tears to my eyes. I bring my own hands up to her head and just hold her, her trembles turns to shakes, then quiet sobs, then full on wailing. All while I just hold her close to me. I don't say a word, there's nothing I can say to make her feel better I know that. All I know I have the power to do is hold her and try to make her feel as loved as she deserves.

I stroke her hair slowly, scratching her scalp gently and placing tender kisses on her shoulder and jaw. In desperate attempts to regulate her breathing, I bring her face up to meet mine and I place a small kiss on those cherry red lips I love.

Running my thumb over her soft cheeks, I place another, then another. I brush her hair off her sweat soaked forehead, carefully wiping her cheeks and under her eyes.

"It'll all be okay. We don't have to talk now, or anytime soon. Well wait till you're ready okay?" I whisper and pull her down to my chest.

I don't know how long we stayed on the ground for, nor do I care. All I care about is this fragile girl in my arms. All I care about it picking up the broken pieces of her shriveling heart and glueing them back together, I care about taking that shriveled, frightened heart and giving it back all the love that's been sucked out of it. I care about kissing all her old scars better, healing over the new ones, and reminding her just how strong she is.

I have every intention of picking up this broken girl and building her back up. Every intention of bringing the light back into those dull baby blues, every single living breathing intention of taking away that her fake smiles

And bringing in real ones.