Her Fake Smiles

(I feel that it's wrong to have a semi sad chapter and such a happy little picture at the top but hey whatever right? Their so cute XD) ~Author

I didn't think there was any possible way to make this week any worse than it's already been. On Monday my dog got sick, on Tuesday I got sick, on Wednesday I stayed sick in bed and it only made if worse when my mom came in to tell me my goldfish, Joohwangie, had died. And you may be thinking, 'Now what could've made your week any worse than all that Roseanne?' Well I went back to school today finally feeling better.

I get up, dress in my school uniform and add my own flair to it, wanting to look good for myself and my girlfriend Jisoo.

For starters I've already been feeling down all month, you know how the seasonal depression works, but I've just not felt myself. But I was actually feeling okay this morning, ready to take on the world almost.

Well that thought only lasted a few hours, my sister spilled her cereal on me the second I got downstairs this morning and I had to change again, thank god for spare uniforms, I skipped breakfast because my parents were fighting again. And I grabbed my bag and started my walk to school.

And now here I am, in front of my very prestigious school, YGX Academy, staring in horror at the images, MY images, photos of me naked in the shower taped up everywhere around the front door. I lower my head and hold in my tears as I walk in and through the halls, trying to make myself as small as possible.

But no matter what I do I can still hear the whisper, the hushed laughter, and the sounds of pity. I don't go to class, I can't I'm too ashamed, I make an attempt at ripping the posters off the lockers and the walls, tears threatening to pour from my eyes.

I run to the band room, I know it's empty. Nobody has band first period, and the teacher is never in during the mornings anyway. It's my hideaway in some sorts.

I run there and lock the doors behind me, finally breaking down. Everything is against me, my parents are fighting about me, my school hates me, I'm bullied frequently and even in the streets. People curse me and throw garbage in my direction.

Maybe it really is my time? Time to just stop, time to end everything and give the people in my life some breathing room. I've been faking this smile for too long and it's all catching me now. I wipe my eyes and look around, pull my phone out of my jacket pocket and text my Jisoo before making my way to the roof of the school. It's a tall, 3 and a half story building. That should do enough damage right...

I run past all the stray sways in the hall, some laughing my way, some giving me looks of sadness or pity. I hate those looks, I shove open the doors to the stair case and slow my steps. I briskly walk up the steps, ready to get to the top and accept it.

To accept that I'm not needed nor wanted in this world, that gods had a different plan this whole time, the the voices in my head were right.

I get to the top and move to the edge of the rooftop. I step over on the ledge and close my eyes, I let the sobs rack my body and let the wind dry my tears. My hair whips around, hitting my face a few times as it flits around. I take one last breath before I lean forward, letting my mind go blank.

Lemme know if you want part 2 I might consider🥤👀