chapter 12

The world seems to enjoy our happiness as we sit on a rock looking at firecrackers. He smiled at me not saying a word. I love his attention on me but I do want to know what he is thinking right now.

" You know I could say you are creepy but I like it." I said looking at him.

" I prefer like over creepy. You are so beautiful. " He said smiling at me. It was peaceful silence. Coming to this conference was one of the best things I have done till now. My parents would have been so proud that I found him.  A man who is normal although he's rich, laughs with me, accepts my silliness, kind of closed off about his own family but it's okay because I didn't tell them about my own parents.

"If you have to settle, I mean with a companion whom would you chose? What will be her qualities?." I asked him.  For a moment I saw his hesitation. It didn't bother me that he did not utter my name but he was troubled listening to settling with someone.

"I prefer happiness over anything." He said.

" I don't understand. It's not related to my question." I said.

" I said I prefer happiness over anything." He repeated again. I sighed instead of questioning him I just had resting bitch face which he got it.

" I don't believe in companion, partner, eternal love forever or having a family." He said holding my hand. Smile fell from my face as I looked at him right in the eye. Although this conference was way more fun than I have ever expected, somewhere I wanted him to want me. I gave up my virginity thinking it's right decision to trust him for that but his statement just proves how playful this man can be for the sake of temporary pleasures.

" What I meant is, I don't come from an environment where all this is treasure nor valued. Since I don't have what it takes to be someones lover, companion or eternal love or whatever you girls believe I can't tell you my ideal stuff." He tried to explain.

" Since you don't have this all in the environment you come from, have you ever wanted to explore and try to get an idea about it?." I asked him to which he just smiled.

" If I am happy with the person I am and able to smile without thinking what will that person think of my smile or my silence or the way I am, I think am ready to accept such a one in my life." He said. Something about his confesson stirred an unknown string in my heart.  Is he not happy back there ?

" I am happy with you. " He stated holding my hand. A huge grin broke on my face.

" So does that mean you will consider to settle with me? You know I don't say much when you just smile, I like your silences because I get to talk, a lot!." I said to which he laughed wholeheartedly.

" Then I will surely marry you My Oishani."

I opened my eyes to as car jerked infront of a building I am quite familiar with. My days went standing here begging lawyers to look into my case and nights spent demanding justice for my parents. Although they met with an accident, police did not seize the truck which hit them. Instead they blamed me for neglecting my parents and took all my assets as compensation.

Wait a second.

Why am I here ????

" You know, if you wanted to take my child away from me, you chose completely wrong day Varad. I dont intend to give my Idhant away. You wil never win. Even if you pay all these monkeys in the name of lawyers, I will win with my will power." I said but he silenced me by placing his hands on my lips.

" Dadadadada wheeeeeee." Idhant shouted from my backseat. Breaking eye contact with me, he opened my door asking me to get down. Making sure Idhant is secure in my hands I blindly followed him who met Akash at the entrance. People were crying standing in a corner, some had murderous look and some were celebrating their marriage.

" Hello ma'am.  Hiii little devil." He cooed to which Idhant just gave him a bored look.  Jumping from my arms to Varad he was super excited to visit this place. I am sure all these strange things are inherited from his father or his family.

" Come , let's go. " Varad said adjusting our son in hand and taking me by another.

We reached a private room which had a big chair, two separate chair for people to sit and a very long desk diving it.  Idhant was taken from Varad who whined but kept quite as Akash engaged him in some animated story. A lawyer came up silently took out a file read for a minute before smiling at us.

" Here, Miss Oishani do check these documents." He said handing me whatever he has. My eyes went wide.

"You are saying I got my assets back?." I shouted looking at judge who just nodded his head.

"But my case was closed. " I spoke looking very confused.

"It was not taken up. Here Mr. Varad helped you. Hope you have a good day. " With that said he left me. A lawyer came to me reading whatever I inherited from my parents which included a nice 4bhk apartment where I used to live before their death.

"Now that I have surprised both mother and our son . Let's get back to main thing?" He asked.  That is when I felt he remembered that night. Taking my hand in his we walked out with papers in my hand.

" Oishani your presence makes me happy. I am not a person who prefers companion or life partner. You make me happy I don't know why and how. Even if Idhant is not there , I would have considered taking this step with you.  " He spoke taking us to another room where registrar was smiling at us.

" This is sudden. Will you marry me? Will you give me a chance to spend my life with you? Boring hi sahi, can you see yourself and our son happy with me? If you are not I will announce to the world that you are my girlfriend. If-." He tried to speak but I cut him off.

" Yes."

This same proposal, minus our son I have heard it from him few years ago. That same night after going back to our rooms, he asked me out and also to marry him. 

Is this fate or his subconscious mind making him act ?

**************
Unedited.

Do vote comment and share my story!

Follow me on Instagram for more updates on my work.

Until next time :)(: