chapter 24

OISHANI'S POV

I had no reason to worry but I love to do it. We decided to sleep in same room. A decision I regret dearly as Idhant clung to me like a glove.

"Beta , you are a big boy now?." Varad asked to which Idhant nodded his head as yes.

"Big boys don't sleep with mommas. Look at this big bed here! Look at the way papa decorated it for you! It's so comfy." He spoke my son immediately hugged me tight ignoring his papa.

"OK. I will sleep with my Hulk, Dinosaur annnddddd my own Spiderman. Mumma  Idhant won't get this." Varad whispered the last part.

"No!? My papa. My! Spi my! You no." He fought with his dad. Varad made him understand how important it is to safeguard his toys which he can't if he sleeps with me. After an hour of intense story telling session which mostly consisted of marvel characters our son slept. Switching on peaceful lights. Varad held me by hand as I got tears in my eyes. After so many years, I am going to sleep away from him. Detachment is difficult for mothers too.

"I need to talk with you. " He spoke taking me to our dining area.

"My parents informed me,  Isha stopped responding to their calls or messages. It's not safe to say that she might be behind my accident along with Shubham." He confessed.

"Cctv footages showed only my sister. Her talking with my driver. Everything is clear. I need to file case against her. " Varad said making my eyes go wide. What is wrong with him?

"Nothing of that sort you will do.  She isn't a bad person. What about the poisoning you had? Your memory loss? You were practically drugged through food. Won't you blame Shubham for that? He experimented on you!." I shouted.

"There may be many reasons for her presence. But I need to submit the proof. She hasn't told me why she's there especially few hours before my accident. Look Oishani,  we need to be careful. I already lost most of my time with you both. " with that said he left me alone to talk with Karan. Isha could never do it.  I know her well enough. There's no way she will plan her brothers murder or slow death. I sat quietly looking at my wardrobe which had my son's random art with sketches and crayons. Sighing I held wet cloth to clean them. Pressing and rubbing the surface I accidentally opened a hidden drawer under the door. Pulling it further I realized it had locking system to merge with rest of the cupboard. Kneeling down properly I opened it completely. Bundles of research papers and some scientific studies were enclosed neatly in a plastic cover. Each one presented studies against the programs they planned to include.  Signatures from authorities to kick the project. Permissions to include human subjects as well. I read each and every paper assessing for any signs of clue or hint regarding the poisoning or any kind of disadvantages of this program. From what I read, it was pretty sure that my parents had covered every loop hole with valid points and permissions.

One signature has caught my eye. Something I should have connected the missing dots with. 

Isha Malhotra?

Is she sister of my husband or someone else? Varad never used his surname as he feels it doesn't bring any luck in his bussiness.

" What happened.?" he asked looking at my position.

I looked at him then at the Signatures on the paper.

" What's your sister's educational qualification?." I asked him. He looked at me with puzzled expression.

" She has done Graduation in Forensic science, worked as Toxicologist under some reputed guide at a company in Mumbai for few years. Currently she's in Singapore for post graduation, psychology or MBA  I don't remember her subject." Varad said looking at me. I turned the pages to see papers from a private company their report on substances used for programs , regulation of substances considering public health and papers related to evaluation/ analysis of scientific data my parents provided and literature reviews related to it.

Why would they see clearance from Toxicologist? What were harmful substances that they were ready to use ?!

" You are scaring me." Varad spoke slowly taking papers from my hands.

" Varad, your sister, she knows my parents. These clearance papers are probably from the company she worked in.  Look at these signatures! Assistant Toxicologist! She knew my parents, me, the work and about my company." I exclaimed .

He had no idea what all this mess is about nor do I. But one thing is sure. Something big is being covered either by his sister or Shubam

******************
Please vote comment and share my story!