chapter 22

OISHANI'S POV

I held Idhant close to me as Varad was busy talking with his mom who was elated to spend 3hrs with her grandson. Stealing glances at me, he smiled in between as his mother animatedly spoke about how he used to me during his childhood.

"Mumma..." Idhant demanded my attention turning my face forcefully towards him. 

"Yes love?." I asked him.

" Mumma.. sleep." Idhant whined laying down his head on my shoulder.

"I will take leave now beta. Your father is hesitating to visit you and Idhant. Hopefully some day you will trust us enough to come home." She spoke holding his hand. Varad only nodded his head looking at our son lovingly. As soon as she left, Varad got up to take Idhant from me.

" You rest too. I will clean up kitchen and cook dinner." He spoke patting our son on his back. He immediately slept. Whereas I walked silently behind him. Laying down beside my son, I looked at Varad who kissed me and him before leaving us alone.

"If a day comes,  I mean if a day comes when I leave this world. Remember my love will protect you" He said holding my hand.

"Remember if a day comes when I don't get you see you, my love will bring me to whatever place you are." I said kissing his hand. We made silent promises just before laying down. I knew he won't Remember anything tomorrow morning but that's what I came for right?

"If a day comes, when I forgot that I ever loved you. Remember your every touch,  smell, curve and voice is registered by this brain and heart. So love, do not hesitate to come forward and embrace me . So who knows? I might come back to you." I heard him murmur.

With a jerk I woke up sweat covering my body. Taking my clothes off my body,  I walked to bathroom to wash my face and shoulders. I could hear Idhant snoring lightly on bed. Walking out of the room , I looked around. Varad was sitting in a corner engaged animatedly with someone over video call. His attire screams he's into business but I know how frustrated he looks. Pushing his laptop away , Varad got up to stretch his muscles.

"Tired?." I asked him.  He nodded walking into our kitchen.

" I fed Idhant an hour ago. You were in deep sleep. It's already 9.30 pm let's have dinner." He spoke walking towards me. Kissing me on side of my head, he left to check on our son. My heart flustered at his gesture. We both sat down having dinner quietly not engaging ourselves in any kind of conversation nor feeling awkward about it. Taking our plates he washed them saying our help took leave tomorrow.

"I.." I started looking away.

"Don't. Don't tell me you regret whatever happened between us. Don't even tell me it was just an attraction, heat of the moment. You are my wife. I love you.  That's all. I don't ask anything from you except your companionship , trust and loyalty." Varad spoke holding me by my shoulders . I smiled at his outburst.

"I wanted to say,  I won't wash utensils tomorrow. My periods started just now and I don't have sanitary napkins. Wanted to know if you can bring them to me?." I asked smiling at him.

"Understood. Consider it done. Send me picture of packet you need." With that said he left me alone. I waited patiently for his return, with time my anxiety increased. You call me period hormones but my gut feeling said something isn't right.

Pushing door with his left hand, Varad entered. My breath caught in throat looking at his condition.

"What happened?." I shrieked. He smiled walking inside handing me over the cover.

" I saved a puppy!." He happily shouted pulling out a shivering pup in his hand. Getting a warm shawl from my cupboard I wrapped it around the pup.

" He got stuck in between pile of metal rods. Don't worry I got tetanus shot recently. Let's clean him up. Maybe we can surprise Idhant tomorrow?." His gleaming eyes made me smile. I couldn't tell him how much his absence effects me. How even a small disturbance  causes turmoil in me. If love is what this is then I think I have fallen in love with again.

-------------------------------

Shubham traced the call back to the source. His sweaty forehead couldn't think what went wrong. How close he is to the trouble he decided to eliminate long back. Ordering his men to be on guard he scouted for places to hide the secret he's been carrying all these years.

"Sir. Your employee called you. " someone handed over the phone. I hesitantly answered it.

"Count your days. One wrong move and you gone. Wait a second.  You already made one." He heard the voice. With trembling hands he threw the phone away.

*******************
Unedited

Please vote comment and share my story!

Until next time:)