Chapter 14

VARAD'S POV

Family is important after certain age in our life. No matter what we plan or how badly we avoid that topic, after all we all are born into a family,  people who loved your presence in this world at some point. What I have is not what I planned to have when I turn 27 years old. Too young to have a child and not so old to avoid family.

For 26years of my life, my parents and sister have been the best people I could ever find,  they were fights, ego clashes, financial instability but now what I thought to be best of my life isn't looking like one. Akash read all the transactions I made during the time Oishani claimed I met her in a conference. None of them matches with what my parents told me. I always knew they were eager to have money as that is what caused rift between us, we had days staying empty stomach because my mom had to feed my little sister for that she needed food. One wrong decision by my father and whole family were on roads. His   bussiness ideas were a failure. All his close friends tried to save his company which dealt with import and exports from Thailand. He chose to bear the costs , what he couldn't anticipate was we bore it more than him. 

" Khanna uncle is the one who received all these transactions." Akash said to which I nodded.

" So? I mean. What did you get from all this information?." He questioned me carefully.

" That my parents never learnt their lesson. " I said looking at him.  Closing the file I was supposed to check I walked out of my cabin holding my phone in hand. Reaching the open terrace I sat on the tool overlooking the city. It is season of rains. I could feel storm rising up in the air. Somehow this calms me down.

Just like my son..

Son.

I have a son!

I have a beautiful wife!

I have a family of my own!

Calling them my family feels surreal. Oishani definitely needed some stability for her to survive in the society. It was a conscious decision on my part. I did not feel like I have made a mistake by marrying her. It felt natural. Like my mind and body knew I belong to her and they were at peace knowing I did.

"Hello?." I called up my wife.

"Yes?." She replied not even caring a bit.

" Argh...hmm..I wanted to know how's our son?." I asked her.

" I am with patient. He's in nursing. If you want you can play with him. " with that said she disconnected my call. Not having much to do, I dialed up my sister who sent me a voice message stating she's in a party which is boring.

' I just wanted to say hi dear.' I voice messaged her.

'In a party! Text!.'She insisted which was not making sense. If she's in a party why should I be texting her. She is free to talk out loud?

With no work or meetings or files or anything to do. I took a walk handing over my keys to driver to pick up my wife and son. Cool breeze blew past me as I glanced at buildings towering over me. People checked me out as I was walking wearing my suit and polished boots. Several employees of mine and other company hogged on street food and on the other side, people were moving in and out of  reputed company buildings.

Reading every board and sign of companies I walked around for sometime but what caught my attention is beyond expectations.

Lettuce B Healthy!

Why didnt I ever look at this?   When I stood just outside their company building,  I read their manifesto to be healthy and spread only good health. As I was looking what shocked me more was a man in mid thirties who resembled someone I know. He looked at me and hurried towards my direction. Stuffing my hands in pocket i waited for him to answer me.

" Varad! You are here!." He exclaimed.

" Of course." I replied still assessing him.

" Come inside!." He extended his hand but I moved back. I don't want this man to touch me. He was no one before and I intend to keep him that way.

" Come on ! You can see my company! Look at the progress I made! I am sure one day you will welcome me to yours. " He said enthusiastically.

" Not an inch inside my work place. Shubham, you might be best at what you do but I believe in energies I certainly don't want your negative ones at my place. Good luck with your work." I said walking away. His security guards saluted me which am sure was because of the fame I have for my bussiness. My company supplied solar panels for Shubam which is not new. One who couldn't stay loyal cannot be trusted.

" Sir, I mean Varad! See! I was going through your bank transactions again. Here, you paid for a 4 star hotel this is 5km away from conference which Bhabi said you attended. I mean the time matches too, if you want I can find out details. " Akash excitedly pointed out to which I just nodded. My head is aching painfully as I closed my eyes.

" You know, this will benefit you only. "

" Try this once you asshole!."

" What the hell is wrong with you?! I don't need to buy your overrated products. I can certainly grow these in my garden ." I shouted.

" Of course you can sir. I was just explaining it to you about benefits of having these micronutrients.. not selling plants. Uff! People are hopeless! I don't understand why I even studied this course. " Oishani spoke huffing .

" You should have questioned it the moment you decided to sell me this information. It's available on net." I argued standing in my place.

" Well, if only we can live a healthy lifestyle looking at suggestions given online. I am sorry to waste your time. You are free to go. " She replied walking back to her station.

Flashes of past hit me as I opened my eyes. It is so frustrating to forget a part of my life when all I wanted was normalcy. Even though oishani and my baby are with me. It is difficult to connect with them especially my wife who still rooted to the memories we shared. Closing my eyes I tried to relax my mind.

" Oishani! Meet my friend Varad.  Am sure you met my best nutritionist varad. She is a gem."

" We all are part of this family."

" I am not.  You are." Oishnai pointed at him.

Was that shubam? Does he know about us? Why didn't Oishani talk about him?

***********************
Unedited.

Please vote comment and share my story.