𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢 𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎

𝚂𝚘𝚏𝚒𝚊

☆═━┈┈━═☆

Five minutes. I had five minutes left in this class before I went to surprise Steve at the field before his first pre-season game.

Alexander sat beside me, his arm thrown loosely around my chair, he was helping me pull this off. Steve told me this morning that he would rather I stay in class today, I had missed so much and he wanted me to prioritize my education over his game. He'd have lots of games, I'd only have one college experience. Too bad he forgot that he meant more to me than a day in class. I could redo a class if I had to, there was no way I was going to miss his game. "Pack up," Alexander whispered, my eyes shifting over to him while the professor spoke on some sort of biology term I had no interest in, "we leave in one."

Okay so maybe we were leaving in the middle of class. What Steve didn't know wouldn't kill him.

I quickly packed up my bag, grabbing my phone to make sure the coach was still okay with letting me in. The whole team was there for Steve the night that I got back to Jade Lake, and they were more than happy to help me out with this. I saw one message from officer hill, telling me that they still couldn't find Bucky, he had apparently taken off after Steve left. The truth on that is I didn't care either, he learned that I was untouchable, that his friends were mine too and he was against me on his own. I didn't wish anything bad upon him, but I wouldn't cry if I never saw him again.

I threw my bag over my shoulder, ignoring the professor's questions when Alexander took my hand, running us out of the lecture hall. Steve had dropped me off on campus this morning, he didn't like me driving in the city, and I wasn't the biggest fan of it anyway. Alexander ran into us in the parking lot and offered to give me a ride home, and Steve accepted, which shocked me, but it seemed like they had a weird friendship now that Steve knew he had me, and Alexander saw that Steve worked for me. I was just happy I didn't have to listen to them fight every time we were in the same room.

Alex opened up the door of his truck, helping me in before he was rounding to the driver's side, climbing in as well. "Just leave your bag, I'll keep it behind the desk, pick it up when you get home."

The perks of being friends with the front desk agent.

I shrugged the bag off to the floorboard, unzipping it and pulling out a Rogers jersey, his parents had it made for me right after we got married, saying it was only right that since they had ones that said Rogers Mom and Rogers Dad, that I had one that read Rogers Wife. And truly, why would I argue with that logic? "Tell me where I need to get to," Alexander's voice cut through my thoughts, his eyes on the road when I pulled off my hoodie, a black tank top resting against my upper body, keeping the jersey unbuttoned as I pulled it over my shoulders.

"Employee entrance, the security guard will recognize me."

Alexander laughed, looking over at me briefly before ruffling my hair, "Everyone recognizes you genius, you're wealthy and married to a groundbreaking pitcher for one of the best teams in the MLB."

"Doing your research?" I teased, his smile widening, "I'm impressed. If you want an autograph I'm sure I can get you one."

His head fell back against the headrest when he laughed, pulling off the main road to the stadium, "how about a raise? That would be a lot more beneficial."

"Hmm," I tapped my chin playfully, unbuckling my seatbelt when we reached the security gate, "you might be asking too much now, taking advantage of being your boss' friend," he shoved me playfully, both of our laughter filling the open space of the car, "I'll see what I can do."