Chaptah 4

Winter POV:

Winter, the rest of the Jade winglet, and Snowfall, waited patiently on the snow covered beach. Except for Peril, she laid on a rock surrounded by melted snow since her scales melted it. Turtle and Kinkajou sat close by to keep warm.

It was estimated that the secret stealth team would be back by now.

Winter was laying down in the snow, watching the ocean, as the sunset stretched along the horizon.

Come on, he thought, waiting for Qibli and the others. I need you Qibli!

Snowfall walked over to him. "I miss Lynx." Winter nodded. She also missed someone, thought Winter. "I miss Qibli." He spilled.

She smiled. "That Sandwing's funny." She said. Winter remembered them at Jade Mountain, when Moon protected Bandit. Qibli stood up for Moon, stopping the argument. He remembered his exact words to her.

Hey. I'm the the idiot clawmate, although most dragons call me Qibli. My intimidating acquaintance here is Winter. What's your name?

Winter couldn't help but laugh. Idiot clawmate, intimidating acquaintance.

Although the moment was rather awkward, it was one of the best moments in Winter's life.

Winter stopped his thoughts, and once again turned to look at the ocean. No idiot clawmate.
"They're not back yet." He said.

Snowfall got up. "I'm going back to the palace. I'm bored, and they might not even come back tonight."

"Ok." Said Winter. I will stay here all night if I have to! He thought, stubbornly. I want my Qibli.

for the next thirty minutes, him, Kinkajou, and Turtle played with the snow and built sculptures of various dragons. an Honestly, it wasn't all that pretty. Winter couldn't get the legs right, and they were too far apart. He sighed, and left it alone.

He sighed, and looked at the ocean. Again.

This time however, despite all the snow, he could see seven specks far into the distance. Winter couldn't believe his eyes.

One speck went farther ahead, and faster than the rest. Winter's heart thumped faster. it's them! But who was in front?

the dragons got closer, and to Winter's astonishment, the leading dragon was no other than Qibli.

Qibli dove faster than any Skywing Winter had ever seen, and his pale yellow wings grazed the ocean.

Winter ran down the beach, as the two got closer.

"Qibli!" Cried the Icewing. His face lit up with joy, and they crashed into each other.

"Winter! I just saved a continent!" Winter laughed, and hugged his best friend. "Yes! I knew you could do it!" Qibli was ice cold, and it seemed he hadn't felt warmth in days.

They let each other go, and looked back at the ocean. Sky, Bullfrog, Lynx, Moon, Tsunami, and Pineapple had landed.

Lynx bolted up the beach, and caught up to Winter.

"Lynx!" He smiled.

"Hi Winter! Any idea where Snowfall is?" Winter pointed to the palace. "She got bored of waiting." Snowfall looked surprised.

"She got bored of waiting for me?!?!" She yelled playfully. "She's getting punished!"

Qibli laughed as she ran off to the palace.

Winter greeted the rest of the dragons. Many of which looked freezing cold.

The eight dragons headed to the palace to celebrate. Qibli helped save Pantala, thought Winter. I'm proud of him. Winter felt lighter than he had in weeks. The dragon he loved was back home, with him.