Metaphysics

"Metaphysics is the finding of bad reasons for what we believe on instinct." - F.H.Bradley

" The solution of the riddle of life in space and time, lies outside space and time. They are, indeed, things that are inexpressible. They show themselves." - Wittgenstein

July 22nd, 2023...

The return of my lost memories is not only associated with merry, but also a lot of misery and mystery. I wish they hadn't returned. They had Sheela, who never existed in real life. 

Medicine couldn't explain the cause of transient memory loss in a logically convincing way. 

I told the senior psychiatrists at my workplace. They even ruled out hysterical amnesia after  performing tests. They too couldn't explain how and why I had lost those memories.

I told you that I was doing graduate course in philosophy, right?

Out of all the branches of philosophy, I just can't connect with the idea of Metaphysics, because the theories in Metaphysics don't have a concrete evidence. They're just crazy ideas and speculations without any solid scientific basis. I don't condemn that they are false, but I refuse to believe that they are true. For example, the theory which states God created the world in which we live.

Metaphysics deals with the study of existence. It makes you question about reality. "What's really real?", they ask.

I'm admitting to you, that I always ridiculed the professor who taught us Metaphysics at college.

Now, I'm going to meet him, because of his own theory of existence of this world we live in. He just wrote it and got it published but he never got the recognition he ran after.

His theory is so funny, but it may provide answers to my quest.

______________________________________________________________

"Welcome Sumant! What brings you here?"

" Sir, I'm sorry for ridiculing you, and Metaphysics."

" Have you come this far, just to apologise? Anyhow, I don't actually worry much about you and your deeds. You're just a kid."

He's certainly trolling me.

" Sir, I need your help."

" Yes, how may I help you?"

" Sir, can you please elaborate your theory in Metaphysics."

" Sure, are you going to ridicule it? Troll it?"

" No, sir. I see a potential solution to my quest."

" What's your problem, Sumant?"

I told him whatever I had told you, and some things I never told you, and some things I never wanted to tell you.

"I see.", he has said, sipping his evening coffee, and gazing at the book on the table in front of us.

" Sumant, the problem with you is, you take things at face value, just as they are, just as they appear to you. If you're going to listen to my theory, be willing to accept that there's more to the world than that meets the eye."

I'm in a position at which I want to hear the things that even have the remotest possibility that can prove Sheela existed, no matter how absurd they are, or how baseless they are.

" The basis of my theory started while I was trying to come up with my answer to the fundamental question in Metaphysics, 'Is it possible that my current reality isn't real at all?' "