Mukthinath

Dyu Art Café, 5th block, Koramangala April 22nd, 2022.....

"So, what's he like?", I asked Mukthinath about Sia's husband.

" Definitely better than you. He's a neurologist at NYU Langone hospitals. You can't even dream of getting there, bitch."

" That's because I always wanted to be psychiatrist."

" Hahahahahahaha...you didn't even become what you wanted to become."

Damn, 7 'Ha' s again. Has he spoken to Hareesh about H hypothesis, or is it just him, laughing like he usually does, especially, when he wants to trash talk about me? But, he doesn't usually laugh like a maniac.

" I'm attempting INICET next year, again."

" Oh, when did you start taking your career seriously? I thought you'd easily spend rest of your life crying for closure from Sia."

I shouldn't be tricked and say that it's for my dad.

" Not giving closure itself is the closure. My mind couldn't accept it. So, I couldn't abandon hoping for her to return to me."

" Forget about her, returning to you. She won't even come back to India.", Mukthi said.

" Didn't you tell me that her husband was your schoolmate and he was in your class during your 11th and 12th standards too. What's he like?"

" Not worse than Parmesh, I'll say. Almost equivalent to Parmesh in mindset. He's like what if Parmesh studies well, earns well and settles in New York."

Ok. She just ran into a red flag. That's just what I was worried of her. I told you yesterday, guys.

" What will you do now? Since she's not answering your texts or calls, will you go to New York and tell her that her husband is just like Parmesh, and try to fix her life again, like you exposed Parmesh?"

" No, I won't fix her life. I don't want to give her the truth. Let her live in ignorance. That will give her bliss. It'll be like as if I'm conspiring against her to make her believe I'm the only good person, and everyone else is an evil suitor."

" Great! You've developed a bit of sense. I thought you're coming to New York with me, to fix her life."

" Let's call it a day, Mukthi. Thank you for this meet up. I'm proud of you. Thank you for spending your time with worthless pile of garbage."

" Why're you so formal all of a sudden, bitch? We used to troll each other back then, even though you can't do it as good as I troll you, you'd at least try to counter-troll me. "

" I'm in no mood for that. Moreover, I reached creative saturation in trolling you."

" Creative? This makes me think of your fiction. Have you written anything after your novella 'Jail'? I know that you shelved several works, and unpublished two of your works."

" I haven't written anything after unpublishing my later works."

Mukthinath took a book from his bag. I thought he was carrying a laptop or something in his bag.

" 'Genesis du massacre' is the title of this book. It's written by Nakul Shetty.", he said.

" Is it good?"

" I strongly believe that you're the one who had actually written it?"

" That's some serious claim. Nakul Shetty is a very popular author from Mangalore. His fans will beat the shit out of you."

" Are you working as a ghost-writer for him?"

"No."

" Don't lie, Suman. You suck at it."

" I've told you more than one time that I can easily identify any piece of shit written by you. Great or worst."

" Oh, come on! I don't have any association with him."

"Okay, then. This is the worst story I've ever read. It's just shit"

He's getting on my nerves. I shouldn't be triggered. He was actually right. I ghost wrote it for Nakul.

He went on speaking shit about the book. I lost cool.

" The massacre was placed at the beginning of the narrative, not just for the sake of shock value..."

"How do you know?, have you written it? Why do you speak out for to explain the intentions of the author? You know that I don't consider your interpretations of other's work. I always seek the first hand or the original info."

" Fine. I wrote it."

" You ghost-wrote it."

" Okay, okay."

"For money."

" Yes. Don't tell anyone."

"Are you still working for him?"

" Yes."

" Why don't you write something for yourself? Well, I did. You know. It didn't sell well. You know this too."

"Hard, isn't it?"

" My dick?"

" I told you to troll me, not to make me cringe."

" Creative saturation."

" How long do you live like rotten, cynical, heartbroken, lonely and lowly being?"

" I don't intend to. But, I don't want to live a better life."

" You do. Everyone likes their life to be better. Even the bitter ones."

" Stop trying to give me hope. It already crushed me into deeper shit. I got used to stench there. So much that I got addicted to it."

" You'll be simping for some girl again."

" That won't happen."

" Okay, take this book."

" I'm the one who wrote it."

" Is there any rule that authors shouldn't have copies of their own works?"

" It's Nakul Shetty's."

" Open page number 56. The wedding ceremony scene. There's a surprise for you, there."

" An invitation card?"

It's Mukthi's wedding!

" Congratulations!"

" Please do attend. Stags are not allowed. Get a girlfriend by then, or rent a girlfriend."

" I have the right to refrain from attending your wedding."

" Think of it. You had several plans during our UG days. You've written pages of text to read at my wedding. An extreme roast."

Damn, he's right.

" Three more months, Suman. Reconsider your choices."

" Bye, dude. Thank you for your invitation. I'll not come."

" HaHaHaHaHaHaHa..."

Screw that H-hypothesis.

" I've to meet my clients."