8. Kiya

Arriving at Bush's den, I am greeted by a few line of beastmen. We followed Bush as he greeted some of them. The moment we are inside, Rok hug me and told me that he is going now. For the hundred times, I thank Bush for letting me stay. He said that I can go to the third vacant room. And that he's mate will be with me later. My anxiety about meeting new people
soared, making himself know that he is still here. I think, when they said mate, it means husband or wife right? What kind of mate does Bush have then? Since he looks gentle, maybe a fierce looking one? Or maybe a gentle one too? Ahhhh! Stop thinking head! I tried to distract myself by looking at the room. It is made of stone, there is a small window on the upper right of the wall. There is a bundle of fur on left, and that's it. Wow, I don't want to judge this room because they lent it to me but... How plain~ should I give them a few tips on how to make this at least look more pleasant to look at as a thanks? Maybe I can later. As I was looking at the room, I noticed my box. I don't know why but I feel like there is a force that making me want to open it again. So I did.

When I opened it, the things that I already saw are safely tuck in there; like it never been shake and thrown. Startled by the organize things, I slowly removed them one by one. By the end of it, I saw the reason of the force. It is a book, and not just a simple book. It is the one I purchase in a unique store on the mall. Reading the title out loud, all of the things that happen to me so far, the place, the terminologies, and the people living here; it all click on my head. Like a missing puzzle i finally found, I got the answer to some of my questions. I hastily opened the book, wanting to read it again. However, all I saw is blank pages before everything turn black.

***

A male came to a room and gently hug and kiss his mate. The female reciprocated his touch and it quickly spiraled into a more intimate session. Barely holding his self down, he said to the female.

"My beautiful mate, there is a female in the third room."

The female growled to show her feelings. As a beastmen, she doesn't like someone coming into her territory, her den without permission. But her mate just told her that there's a female in one of there rooms. She quickly stop what they're doing and stared at her mate.

"I know, I already smelled her. Why did you not ask for my permission? I am the head of this family, you should have seek my permission first."

"I am sorry, Kiya. The female is so weak, she just got her wounds healed. Her male is hunting a prey for her and they will leave after a while. You told me, you want to make a f-friend because you are getting bored whenever I am not around when I told you that you should get another mate to serve your want and needs when I am away. I got excited and didn't think things through, I am sorry."

The female is touch by her mates sentiment. Because of her fierce looking face, and temperamental attitude, no other females want to be her friends. Her ancestors are full of sociable beastmen, and they want to build connection with others. No matter they are male or female. That is why, her ancestry makes beastmen feel weird. She also want to be sociable but she got angry issues. Or what her mother beast called her. After some time she said to her mate...

"Okay, this time I will let it slide. I will go to her while you treat your patients. I am going to judge if she's worthy to be my so called friend, which you need to practice saying. Also, it is my decision if I want to make another mate. I am young and I want to find someone strong to help make our family strong, Bush."

"Thank you. I'm going now, I still have a few patients waiting for me"

"Okay, see you later"