Cursed Love Part 6

Karan:Tell me why you left me Preeta.This time I will not leave you without giving me an answer.

She looked down silently with pain.

Slowly Preeta looked at him painfully.

Karan:Please tell me Preeta.I have been mentally suffering for years why my Preeta left me alone.I need to get an answer now.

Preeta burst into tears.

Karan cupped her face in his hands.

Karan:I did'nt intend to hurt you by asking this question.But I know that you loved me sincerely and you can never think of cheating me.So I restless to know what made you leave me all of a sudden.

Preeta:I did not want to leave you Karan.I left you because I did not have any other option.

Preeta told him the reason.

Karan was shocked.

Karan:For this you left me Preeta?You could have shared the problem with me.Only if we had married,the curse would have happened.Right?We could have lived together without marriage also.But you chose to leave me.

Preeta became upset.

Preeta:I feared whether you will want marriage itself.

Karan:I was not that conservative.

Preeta:I thought you could have moved on with someone else marrying her.If you had lived with me without marriage,the society would have defamed you and it would have affected your career.

Karan:I had never cared about what society says when it came to my personal life.How could you even think that I would move on with someone else?You left me so that I will marry someone and live happily.Right?But after you left,I did not get married at all.Did you get married?

Preeta looked at him emotionally.

Karan:You said you are going to marry your lover.Right?Did you marry him?

Preeta wept:No.

Karan:Oh ya...he was an imaginary character.Then how can you marry him.Right?

Preeta was ashamed to face him.She looked down and cried.

Preeta:I am sorry Karan.