Quest four: winery

The two had been growing busier by the day. They were getting more and more requests. They barely had time to rest. The day was rainy and the tavern was quiet. Owen was counting the stock, Levi fell asleep and Amethyst was reading. No one had entered the tavern all day. "Where is all the wine?" Owen yelled from the back of the tavern. Amethyst walks over and leans over the counter. "What happened?"

"My new shipment of wine isn't here."
"Oh. Do you know where its meant to be?"
"It was shipped from the winery three days ago.

"Me and Levi should go to the winery and find out what happened."

Amethyst wakes Levi up and they headed off. It was a two day journey, Amethyst planned to have a none stopped journey. They wanted to get the whole thing sorted a quickly as possible.

Night fell, Levi and Amethyst were exhausted. They had to break. They had to set up camp. But the night was too dark to see. They needed a fire. Levi had been lighting a fire when Amethyst pulled out some bread. "Here. We need to keep our strength up."
"Thank you."

Amethyst looks around them. Not a single sign of a cart passing through. "What do you think happened to the shipment?"
"Maybe it got lost."
"Not likely. The same person always delivers the same shipment. Maybe an attack."
"Maybe. Or a thief."
Amethyst laughed. Could it be that easy to steal wine? 

Morning came, the two headed off. Amethyst was leading the two of them down the path. Then they saw the cart. It was broken on the side of the path. It was the missing shipment. But no one was near by. "We now know what happened to the shipment." Said Levi. But they needed to deliver wine to the tavern. They headed down the path. They were heading to the winery. 

Many hours later, the two were close to the winery. Then someone jumped from the trees. He was wearing black with a hood. Two crossbows in his hands. "Don't get any further. This winery is my territory."
"We are only here for wine for a tavern. Our shipment was late."
"Oh. Well, go get your shipment. Then leave."
"Okay."
Levi and Amethyst go into the winery and head straight into the basement. They weren't sure what kind of wine was their's. But they grabbed a couple different kinds, put them into a small cart and left. The stranger glared at them as they leave. They got a few minutes down the path when they were attacked. It was the stranger. "Ha, I caught you." He bellowed as he shot at Levi. Amethyst grabbed her sword. Levi was left with the cart. Fighting. Amethyst had an advantage. She was swifter, stronger, even faster. The stranger couldn't keep up. "Okay, I give up." He pleads. Amethyst had beaten him. "Who are you?"
"My name is Kenni. I've been using the winery as a place to steal from for a while now. Please do not hurt me."

"Come with us. It's better than being a thief that only steals wine. You can better yourself."
"Are you sure that is a good idea? How do you know you can trust him?"
"Yes, I can. He doesn't seem to want anyone to get killed. So I believe he just needs to have some friends and better himself with the help of those around him."
"Yes, I'll join you. Thank you."

Amethyst helps Kenni off the floor and Levi shakes his hand. The three of them go to the cart and check on the wine. The headed off as a team.