Quest 6: night-time killer

It was deep in the night, heavy rain falling like a waterfall. Lightning strikes the ground. A young, beautiful woman was walking home. She was alone. But something was off. She had tried to avoid the alley ways, but she had to go through the one to get home. The town was still. She still had to walk through to one of the other side of the town. When the woman went to go through the alley way, there was a hooded figure standing in the middle of the path. He made it so there was no room for anyone to get past. 

Amethyst woke up early in the morning. The rain pouring. She goes down stairs to see the boys all awake. "Did any of you sleep?"
"The rain kept all of us awake."

Owen wasn't in the building. He was away that morning. But the fear of them not knowing where he was. But he burst through the door. Rain and sweat mixed on his face. "Come quick!" He yells to the group. They followed him. They ran through the rain and noticed the crowd. They were all huddled around an alley way. "Excuse me. Can we see what was going on?" Asked Amethyst. People slowly made a path to let the group get to the alley way. The sight. Horrific. Blood covered every wall and floor. Every fabric and strands of hair. A beautiful woman. Dead! The group had never seen such a sight. But Levi was calm. "Okay everyone, all continue with your lives. We will sort it." He says to the crowd. Everyone left. Then he turned to the rest of the group. "Have you ever seen such a sight?"
"Seen? I've made such a mess."
"He was an assassin all his life."

The group got to work. They needed to find clues. Amethyst hadn't ever seen such a sight. She had been sheltered for all her life and she had only started to see violence. Kenni was searching the corpse when he touched the wound. An arrow wound?

An hour later, the whole scene had been searched. The only thing they had found was a bloody arrow head. "Seriously! Nothing more than part of the murder weapon."
"Yea, the killer is smart."
"Kenni, your a good criminal. Do you have any ideas?"
"Well, only thing I could think of is we need to out smart the killer."
"So, wait until they next strike?"
"No, when did the woman die, Levi?"
"At night, several hours ago."
"Let's wait until night."

The group couldn' think of anything else. Kenni had the only idea that could work. They had to wait. Night fell. Amethyst was walking around the town. Levi and Kenni waited from the alley ways. Zeek was hiding, waiting for the right moment. But Amethyst could see the hooded figure. He was following her close behind. It was time. Amethyst slowly goes into an alley way. But before she could turn around, to hopefully catch the killer, her heads thuds. Levi and Kenni couldn't respond in time, they were knocked out too.

What seemed like many hours later, Zeek was walking through the town. He looked at the alley way. Levi and Kenni laying on the floor. "Hey, wake up."
"Oh, Zeek. Where's Amethyst?"
"Gone. Someone took her."
"Shit. The guy still managed to outsmart us."

Kenni stood up. Levi was sat down. They needed to find Amethyst. But where could she be?

Walking past every alley way. They hoped to find Amethyst there. But there was nothing. But people started to whisper. "Excuse me? Have any of you fine people seen our friend Amethyst?"
"I thought you guys knew. She took the poor woman's dead body out of the town. She said no one should see such a sight. She's taking her to the lake."

Levi rushed to the lake. He didn't want her to fall in the rushing water. They had to help her. The lake was lovely as the water rushed against the rocks. Levi could see Amethyst. She had thrown the body into the water. "Amethyst?"Levi called out. No response. He moved closer. Only to see her lifeless eyes. "Amethyst?"
"Jump."

Amethyst takes a step. But Levi holds her from the edge. Amethyst passes out and her body falls back into Levi's arms. Levi goes to carry her back to the tavern. He hoped that her eyes would go back to their bright, beautiful look. Levi was worried about his friend. She had always been nice to him and the others. She always made an effort. He should do the same to help her.