Quest eight: the undead

It was a rainy day. Empty streets. Flooded floors. It was a dull day in the tavern. Zeek was hating it. "I like rain. I wanna play in the rain."
"Zeek, no. You will get sick if you go outside."

"Jesus. He's like a big baby."

"Yea."

Zeek kept getting annoyed. He was trying to find a way out where no one was blocking. But it wasn't working. 

Outside of the town was the hooded man. He was holding a mysterious staff. He was whispering something. Then he dug the staff into the ground. Making sure it was stable against the heavy rain. Then, in the blink of an eye, he disappeared. It was night, the rain had lightened. Zeek was still wanting to leave. He was still having a tantrum. "Okay. go outside." Yelled Levi. He was fed up of hearing Zeek complain. Zeek rushed outside and was happy. He was running around in the rain until he bumped into something. Zeek looked up to see what he had bumped into. A skeleton!

Zeek screamed and the rest of the group rushed out to see what was going on. They could see hundreds of skeletons. Some with arms. Some without. Some with no legs.

Amethyst had to run into the tavern and grab her sword. Kenni and Levi also needed to head inside and grab their weapons. Uther had no way of fighting. He had never been able to fight before and was never a fighter. But he had to try. He kicked a few of the skeletons heads of the rest of their bodies but they kept coming. Amethyst rushed out a few minutes later to see what was going on. She needed to help Uther get the skeletons off Zeek. "Uther, you need to find the source of all the things. Go quickly."
"Yea."

Uther rushed off to find the source. Right as Kenni and Levi storm out. The rest of them attacked the giant army of bones. watching them tumble to the ground as they get slashed. It was hard to keep up with the skeletons growing back. They helped Zeek get off the ground. His arms bruised from the skeletons. But the lot of them were toppled by the thousands of skeletons. They could barely stand on their own.

Meanwhile, Uther was sprinting across town. He was hoping she could find the source before Amethyst and the others die. He was avoiding all the skeletons as he passed them. Then he realized something. The further he got, the less skeletons were around. It was as if there was something to stay away from. He thought there was something. He ran faster. He had always been a good runner. Amethyst loved that. But he was tripped by a loose leg. He was lucky there was only a leg. He got back up, only to see a staff dug into the ground. He knew it was the source. Amazing. He tried to pull it out. But it was stuck. He had to think of something else. But there was no other choice. He had to snap the staff. Right in the middle. He tried to snap it to the right. Then the left. Nothing. Then he decided to grab a rock. Smashing it against the side of the staff. It worked.

The group were piled above by skeletons. Then they all fell apart. Uther did it. Once the bones were cleared away, the group all made Uther feel like he did the best job he could. Then they decided it was time for bed.