Chapter 13

Kimberly's pov_____________________

I woke up in Elijah's arms. 

"Morning" I said.

"Good morning... we have a party to go to. Carol Lockwood invited me, and you're coming with me" 

"Do I have to?" I whined. "I need to go check on Parker after what you did" 

"We're going" Elijah demanded as he stood up and changed into one of his suites. I sign, wrapping the sheet over my body, and opened the closet and I noticed woman's clothes. 

"When did you have the time to get these clothes?" I asked him.

"I had someone pick them up"

"We're you planning for me to stay with you?"

"Once Klaus is dead, and my family avenged, we will travel the world together, I want to show you the world" 

"I can't leave my friends" 

"Your friends seem to be doing just fine without you, Parker is with his family, and Diana and Chase are dating" 

"Hmm" I hummed then got dressed. 

Once we arrived at the Lockwood house Carol came over to us. 

"Hello, Mr. Smith, lovely to see you again" Carol said.

"The honor is mine, thank you for inviting me to your home" Elijah smiles at her. 

"You spent so much time in Richmond for your book? There's such a wealth of history there"

"No. I'm focusing mostly on the, uh, smaller regions of Virginia. Lots of research. Strictly academic"

"That's fascinating" Carol then spots Damon. "Damon, what a surprise"

"Carol. Hi" 

"Elijah, I want you to meet Damon Salvatore. His family is one of Mystic Falls' founding families" Carol said.

"Mm-hm" Damon said slightly glaring at Elijah. "Such a pleasure to meet you" 

"No, the pleasure is mine" Elijah said and they shook hands for show. 

"Mind if I ask you some questions?" Damon asked and I frown my eyebrow confused. Damon must be up to something.

"I won't be long, my love" Elijah kissed my cheek which made Damon look angrier. They both went into a different room. 

I saw Alaric and John having a conversation, it didn't look pleasant.  

"So, where did you sneak off to last night?" Diana came over to me with a glass of wine and gave me a glass. 

"I was with Elijah" 

"You giving him another chance?" 

"After we deal with Klaus, I think things will go back to the way they were. He said he wants to travel with me, show me the world" I smile.

"Sounds like we both got what we want, men that treat us right" 

I nod my head. 

"Cheers?"

"Cheers"