Chapter 37

Kimberly's pov____________________

That night after everyone had settled down and gone to bed, Rebekah and I were up catching up on everything since she was daggered. 

"So, Diana and Chase just left? How come you didn't tell them to stay?" Rebekah asked.

"They deserve to live happily together. I wasn't going to hold them back" 

"Please. If they were really loyal to you, they would have stayed" 

"So, how do you feel with your mother back?" I asked changing the subject.

"It feels weird. I haven't seen her in a thousand years"

"You seem pretty comfortable around her, that's good"

"And she seems to love you, which is good, considering I heard you and Elijah plan to get married! I am so excited, finally happening" 

I giggle. "I am so excited... but we planned to do that when we dealt with Klaus, things changed when your mother walked through the door. I think we are putting our wedding on hold for right now" 

"Doesn't mean you can't plan. I want to help in any way I can" 

"Well, one thing for sure I know one thing... Rebekah, will you be my maid of honor?" 

Her face lit up more. "Yes! I would love to" She stood up. "Alright, I'm going out for a bite" She was gone in a blink. 

At first, I didn't think of anything, until I remembered she wanted to kill Elena. I then started to get a bad feeling. 

I walked into the room Elijah and I picked out and tapped on his shoulder. "Elijah?"

"Yes?" He sat up in an instant.

"I think Rebekah is going to Kill Elena, I don't know, I just had a bad feeling letting her go out by herself" 

Elijah got out of bed. "Sounds like something Rebekah would do, let's go follow her" He quickly put on clothes and we followed her to the hospital parking lot. 

We see Rebekah had Elena pinned to her car by her throat. 

"Told you" I said.

"You drove a dagger through my back, Elena. It hurt" Rebekah had her fangs, Elena screamed and Elijah grabbed Rebekah and pinned her to the car by her neck. While I ran by Elena and checked up on her. 

"Are you ok?" I whispered to her. She nodded her head. 

"Elijah" Rebekah said.

"Leave" Elijah demanded as he let her go. Rebekah stood her ground. "Are you challenging me?"

"You're pathetic. Both of you" Rebekah said to Elijah and Elena then looked at me. "Nark much?" She sped off.

"Well... I believe we have a little catching up to do" Elijah said to Elena.

"I'm going home. I'm tired" I said to Elijah then turned to Elena. "Glad you are safe" I smiled at her, and she smiled back at me and I sped home and went to sleep.

The next morning, I woke up to find out Esther wanted to throw a ball tonight. Rebekah and I sat in the living room, we both compelled some ladies to do our nails as Kol and Finn were trying on a suit in the mirror. Elijah was reading behind us. 

"Rebekah. Kimberly, tell me how handsome I am" Kol said.

"Oh, Kol, you know I can't be compelled" Rebekah said.

"I, on the other hand, think you all look handsome" I said to the boys in the room and looked at Elijah. He smirked at me.

"See, Kimberly is a true support" Kol said and Finn chuckled.