Chapter 68

Kimberly's pov__________________________

Three days have gone by. Cami has been doing her mind tricks on Elijah and he has gotten better.

Bekah still hasn't contracted us yet and now I am really worried. 

Elijah came over to me in the living room. "Rebekah had shown up" Elijah put his phone on speaker. 

Nik and Bekah were arguing. Elijah rolled his eyes. "Could we dispense with this fascinating dispute for just a moment and return to the subject of our supposed long-lost sister?" Elijah asked.

I look at him very confused. "Wait, what?" 

"Apparently, I had a run-in with a woman who claims to be Freya, our long-lost sister that Dahila took" I could hear Bekah saying, but it wasn't her regular voice. "And there's not much to discuss, Elijah. She said she was Freya and then darted off into the night"

"And you believed her?" Elijah asked.

"Well, I met the girl in a mystical loony bin. She could be anyone telling any lie, but she did seem familiar somehow"

"Then how is she still alive, a question as ridiculous as its possible solutions, given this family's annoying predilection for cheating death" Nik said.

"I don't know, Nik. I'm just telling you what she said"

"Well, did you happen to ask if, by some similar miracle, our Aunt Dahlia lives, as well?" Nik asked.

"I barely had a chance to process--"

"Because on the list of obvious questions, it would be nice to know the woman who placed a curse on the firstborns of this family is still breathing air"

"Then let me turn back time and do it again to your liking, then" 

"Enough, both of you" Elijah cut them off from fighting. "If she is who she says, we'll find out soon enough. For now, it remains imperative that no one learns of Hope's existence. This has been our salvation thus far" 

"Unless Hayley's husband-to-be started flapping his gums. Perhaps I should preventative measures and separate him from his head" Nik said.

"Jackson will do nothing to jeopardize that wedding" I said.

Bekah gasped. "Hayley's getting married?" She then scoffed. "Well, what in hell else did I miss?"

"That's about it" I said.

"Call me later" Elijah hung up. Elijah left into the kitchen without another word. 

"Mom" Richelle came over to me. "Do you mind if I went out for a bit?"

"Out where?" 

"Well, I... Jasmine reached out to me and she's agreed to meet me at a local cafe to hang out. She won't be coming here, so Hope is still safe"

I hesitated. I know she wanted to go be a normal teenager, but it's just impossible right now. "I don't think it would be best for you to leave the house. You know, with Finn still out there, and now a new Mikaelson is here, and the possibility of Dahlia still alive, it's just not safe"

Richelle signed sadly. "I'll just be in my room" She walked away and slammed her door shut. 

"Oh, that's going well" Cami said as she laid Hope on her blanket with a toy above her. 

"I hate being the bad guy" I sign sitting down, watching Hope.

"You're not the bad guy" Cami shook her head. "You just want to keep her safe"

A few hours later, all of a sudden Hope grabbed the tablecloth and pulled it and a piece fell on her. She started crying. Cami picked her up as I rushed to check on her. Hope did have a cut on her forehead.