Chapter 52

Kimberly's pov_____________________

We immediately go find Marcel. Klaus said he was having a gathering at their old house that Marcel took over. 

We arrived and saw two-night walker vampires fighting to get a daylight ring to join his inner circle. 

Nik vamped speed over to her and snapped her neck. The crowd stopped cheering and everyone became quiet. 

"Good evening. I'd like a word" Nik said.

"What do you think you're doing?" Marcel asked.

"It appears that we've interrupted a collection of filthy amateurs" Elijah and I came out from the crowd. They moved out of our way and we stood beside Nik. "We've come here for the girl. Give her to us, or... we kill everyone here. Starting with you"

"You three have a lot of nerve coming into my house and making demands"

Nik chuckled unamused. "You're home, is it?"

"The girl. I will not ask again" Elijah said.

"I assume you're talking about Hayley-- Yay high, dark hair, bitchy attitude-- who is she, anyway?"

"She's an old friend. You know how sentimental I am about old friends" Nik said.

"Well, I ain't got her, and before you start whining, I did pay her a little visit earlier tonight. I was feeling nostalgic. So I took a trip to the plantation where I used to be a slave and imagine my surprise when I realized that the original family of vampires had taken residence. Your girl Hayley answered the door. We exchanged hellos. That was it. If you don't believe me, look around. Hell, I'll even help you find her, but the question I'd ask is, if Hayley isn't here, then where is she?" 

After some bickering Marcel ordered the night walkers to leave and he and his day walkers went to talk in a separate room. Nik, Elijah, and I took a seat waiting for them.

"Not the most attractive community, are they?" Elijah asked looking at Nik and I. 

"You do realize they can hear you?" I asked him.

"You do realize I don't care"

"You know, Elijah, I liked you better in that box" Marcel and his day walkers walked over to us. "But, Klaus, my sire, you I owe the world, and I always show respect to my elders. If your special lady friend is missing you can benefit from the help of a witch" Two vampires bring out Sabine. "And since I control all the witches in this town, I'll grant you one little locator spell. Sabine is the best guide in the Quarter"

"Where are you going?" Nik asked when Marcel started walking away.

"I hate to cut this short, but the sun is coming up soon. My night walkers need to get inside, and I've got a city to run. I'll leave you to track down your lost sheep" Marcel then left.

"Can you find her?" I asked looking at Sabine. 

"I can try"

"You don't try, you do" I said.

Elijah allowed her to sit as she took out a map and started doing a spell. Waving her hands around the map. Sabine asked for Nik's blood and the blood moved around the map.

"She's in the backcountry, way out past Houma, deep into the Bayou" Sabine said.

"I don't suppose you could be more precise?" Elijah asked.

"What the matter, Elijah, you worried a bit of splashing about in the bog might ruin your expensive shoes?" Nik said sarcastically and I giggled a bit, but couldn't hide my smile.