Unfaithful [Shot - 2.1]

Details at the end.
do vote and comment please.

···

"Life is not a bed of roses for everyone."

···

Unfaithful.

After finishing all his pending surgeries Abhimanyu moved to his cabin to finish some formalities when his mobile phone rang. 'Arohi' the caller ID read. Abhimanyu switched off his phone, not wanting any distraction when he worked.

He was attending some patients in OPD when his wife, Arohi Birla knocked on his cabin door. "Give me five more minutes." He said; she agreed and exactly after five minutes the chaos started.

"How irresponsible are you Abhimanyu?" Arohi screamed at him. "Have you seen the time?"

Abhimanyu sighed, feeling exhausted. "What is it that I missed this time?"

"We were supposed to attend my friend's party. I told you about it but look at you, you're still in the hospital. Do you know how embarrassed I felt when they attended the party with their partners and I was sitting all alone in a corner because my husband doesn't give a damn about me."

Her continuous screaming was giving him a headache. Abhimanyu rubbed his temple to soothe the migraine pain and spoke in a low voice. "I am a doctor, Arohi. There are some responsibilities on my shoulders and I can't just up and leave to attend a party. I can't neglect my duties."

Arohi took a deep breath, her nose flaring in anger. "You are also a husband, Abhimanyu. Why do you neglect your duties as a husband to keep his wife happy and content? It's always work for you and never your wife."

"Please Arohi. These are two different things. Try to understand." Abhimanyu said, hurt because of her words.

"No, I won't. It's you who has to understand and set your priorities. And you know-"

"I need a break." Abhimanyu left the hospital even before Arohi could complete her rant.

It was just another day in Dr. Abhimanyu Birla's life. Ever since he had said 'yes' to the alliance with Arohi Goenka, the spoiled princess of the Goenka family, just for the sake of his parents, his life took a drastic turn. He considered her as someone intelligent, down to earth and elegant lady, someone who would understand him but alas, she was interested in him just because of his fame and fortune. She never cared for him like a wife should; always taking and never giving something in return. Sometimes she used to come home late from her endless parties, completely drunk and if asked to mend her ways then she'd scream and throw things around, going as far as threatening them. Abhimanyu stopped trying to make her understand after just two months into their marriage. All he needed at this time was a break from everything.

Akshara returned from her college in a happy mood. Her professors praised her and the cherry on the cake was that her music cover went viral. She was close to achieving her dream of becoming a music therapist.

The ringing of her cell phone caught her attention. 'Sahil', the name flashed, instantly dimming her mood. Still, Akshara reluctantly received the call.

"Hello, babe. Where are you? It's so late."

"I'm on my way home, Sahil." She answered tiredly.

"What were you doing till this late? Are you going behind my back with someone else? You won't like the consequences if you so much as look at another man in the wrong way. I am your fiance, your focus should be only on me. You know that right?" Sahil threatened her.

Akshara gulped before replying with a small 'yes' and cutting the call. She resumed her walk. Her mind is a mess.

Everyone around her thought of them to be a perfect couple. They claimed that they could see the 'love' in his eyes for her but only Akshara knew the reality of this so-called love. Sahil was far from the loving and caring fiance everyone thought him to be. He was, to put it simply, a toxic man. He doubted her of cheating on him, had anger issues, hurled verbal abuses at her and called her names.
One would wonder why she got engaged to such a man. The answer was simple, she didn't know about his issues before their engagement. Sahil was the son of Akshara's mother's best friend. His family helped her a lot when her mother fell sick and after her treatment, Mrs. Seema Sharma asked for Akshara's hand for marriage. They couldn't say 'no' to them.

"No one would believe me if I told the truth. Not even my mom... how can I expect someone else to support me when my own family doesn't. I just wish I'll find someone who can free me from this trap."

She continued to walk aimlessly on the road, wiping away the tears which flowed from her eyes. Her feet tripped on a stone, the bright lights coming from her right side blinded her and before she could get up and run to save her life a hand pulled her up making her land on the person's chest.

The car went past them. "Are you okay? You're not hurt right?"

"No. I'm good. Thank you for saving me."

"It's my profession after all." The man chuckled softly.

"Huh?"

"I'm a doctor." He shrugged then put his hand forward for a handshake. "Abhimanyu Birla."

"Akshara Joshi." She smiled.

"Nice to meet you."

They smiled and went on their ways not knowing that destiny has woven their paths together; they will be meeting each other soon.

• • •

Characters for this TS:

Arohi Goenka - Abhimanyu's wife.
Manish Goenka - Arohi's father. Harshwardhan's business partner.

Meera Joshi - Akshara's mother.
Nitin Joshi - Akshara's father.

Sahil Sharma - Akshara's fiancé.
Seema Sharma - Sahil's mother. Meera's best friend.

Rest of them are the same and won't be needed much for this TS.