Leaving The Mess [Shot - 7.2]

Akshara did not know whether she should be glad that she found Abhimanyu or be sad that she found him in such a state. She knew that exact feeling he was going through at the moment; being blamed for something he never did and his closed ones turning against him. Oh she knew it too well.

Gathering all of her strength, she controlled herself from crying out loud at his despair. She went to him and softly placed her hand on his shoulder. She called out to him, "Abhi…"; but it was of no use. He was too deep in his thoughts to feel a thing.

Akshara sat next to him and held his palm, squeezing his hand softly and once again called him. This time he heard her, afterall how can he ever not recognise his Akshu's touch? Abhimanyu looked at her with bloodshot eyes, making her heart bleed and burn with the desire to punish all of them who hurt her husband, her Docman, her everything.

"Akshu…. Kyon? Sab kuch mere saath kyun?" While saying so, he kept his head on her shoulder and wrapped his arms around her waist, trying to seek her warmth, his only solace in this whole wide world.

"Abhi tum shant ho jao. Aise mat karo, jo kuch bhi hai use apne andar mat rakho. Main janti hu yeh ghutan, yeh feeling, sab kuch and I don't want you to go through that. Please Abhi, baat karo."

Abhimanyu tightened his grip around her waist and whispered, "Jab chota tha na toh ek hi baat sochta tha, jab independent ho jaunga toh yeh ghar chhor dunga aur kahin sukoon wali jagah par chala jaunga. Lekin phir maine socha ki koi baat nahi kisi tarah adjust kar lunga iss toote hue ghar mein, mere paas time hi nahi hoga inko jhelne ka aur jo time milega woh maa aur Neil ke saath spend karunga.

Sab kuch ulta ho gaya Akshu, main overnight duty kar ke aata aur yeh log subah-subah apne jhagde lekar baith jaate. Maa ko toh vaise bhi sir ke aage kuch dikhta nahi tha lekin Neil, woh to meri parchai ki tarah tha aur use maine sage se zyada pyaar diya hai woh bhi tab jab mujhe sach pata nahi tha. Aaj itna bada ho gaya hai ki meri wahi daant jo use mera pyaar aur uske liye chinta lagti thi, use insult lagne lagi. Har woh chiz bhool gaya jo maine uske liye kiya.

Ehsaan nahi jata raha hu, bura laga hai mujhe. Aray aise-kaise ilzaam laga sakta hai mujh par, janta nahi hai kya mujhe? Uss dhokebaaz ladki ke behkaave mein kaise aa gaya jise usne khud expose kiya tha, jo sabse zyada us'se nafrat karta tha aur uski harkaton ko janta tha. Main kya karu Akshu? Kya karu?"

Akshara also had tears in her eyes listening to his pain. She somehow wiped her tears, not wanting him to notice and vowed to get the real culprit punished no matter the consequences. It was high time now, they both needed a break. She knew they cannot suddenly leave for a vacation or trip due to their work but she knew the right place where they could move to.

"Abhi, vaise I don't think tum wapas jana consider bhi karoge and I'm not asking you to. Ek jagah hai jahan hum chal sakte hain, tumne bataya tha mujhe ek baar."

"Maine? Kahin tum uss chote se 2bhk ki baat toh nahi kar rahi?"

"Oye, aisa mat bolo. Woh ghar tumhara hai Abhi, tumhara apna, jahan tumhe sukoon milta hai. Ab raat bhar park mein toh nahi reh sakte na? Ye mosquito meri soft-soft skin ko kharab kar denge toh tumhe achha lagega kya?"

"Soft toh tum itni ho ki mosquitoes bhi sirf tumhe hi tang karte hain." He teased her and pulled her cheeks.

Akshara smiled softly that even for a little time she succeeded in lightening his mood. If it makes her husband smile then she would do it, even if he laughs at her expense. She was willing to be a laughing stock for her husband. 

They will talk but only after reaching their own 'home'. They had spent some time together at his apartment before marriage and she would be lying if she said it did not bring her peace.

On the way, they saw an ice cream parlor and Akshara purchased two cones while Abhimanyu booked a cab for them as they did not have any convenience and they couldn't go back to the madhouse.

They reached the building in ten minutes as the roads were clear. The small apartment was not that well maintained as no one lived there but it was enough and with time Akshara would turn this plain house into a beautiful home.

Although she knew that Abhimanyu needed to relax, the only thing that would give him peace was to talk, express what was going on in his mind. She cannot let him slip into those dark thoughts, not now that she knew about him taking tranquilizers.

She went to the bedroom and took out something casual for him and his sweatshirt for herself. They changed into comfortable clothes and Akshara made him eat even though he protested.

They were just sitting quietly in the hall area, watching something on the television when Akshara turned him towards herself and asked about the file, the cause of this entire mess.