Monday, 22 May 2000: Chears To The Freaking Weekend

Kate took me out to a party on Saturday. It was at Sam's house. Sam's a pretty good looking guy and he is good at kissing. Or, at least, that's what I was told, until I found out for myself just how good a kisser he was.

I got to the party in a strapless number chosen by Kate from Kate's wardrobe. I didn't feel very comfortable in it. It was too tight on my hips and not tight enough on my waist, but she said it looked great. It was a midnight blue and came up to my mid-thigh. The heels to match were high - but not too high that I couldn't walk. The pleating of the fine fabric hid my slightly bony hips and ribs, but did nothing to hide my shoulders and part of my spine. Jeez, I need to eat more.

I had a vodka in my hand and was nodding along to the music, leaning against a wall in the main room, or what's supposed to be the lounge, when Sam caught my eye. He looked at me from across the room and I felt like a moth drawn to a flame. I was drawn to danger.

I didn't let myself make the first move, Colby always said that the guy should ALWAYS make the first move.

He walked over to me and leaned against the wall.

"Hey, darling." his breath smelt like alcohol. Alarm bells went off in my head. I tried to ignore them.

"Hey, yourself." I smirked up at him.

"What are you doing here? I thought you'd never go to another party after what happened after Daniel's." he slurred into my ear so I could hear him.

"Yeah, well I thought I should get over the fear of parties and late night driving." I tried to smile but it wasn't convincing.

"Shit! I'm sorry, I didn't want to sound stupid and insincere... I guess I didn't do a very good job, did I?" he smiled sadly down at me.

"You didn't. But I think I forgive you." I smiled weakly.

"Good." he whispered before pressing his lips to mine. At first he was soft, gentle, unneedy, then he became more urgent, but still not pressurising me into anything.

He leaned his body onto mine, successfully pinning me to the wall. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled on his hair at his nape.

He broke the kiss. He was panting. Just as I was. God knows, this boy can kiss. I thought to myself.

"I know I can." he whispered into my ear. Oh, shit. I said that out loud. I blushed.

I left the party shortly after that. I wasn't too drunk, I only had a red plastic cup and a half of vodka before telling Kate that I was walking home. She offered to come along, but I could see she was having too much fun for me to spoil it for her. I told her I'd be fine walking alone.

Boy was I wrong!

I was walking down the street, Baker's I think, when I heard the screech of tires behind me. It took me back to that night.

I was brought back to the now when I was grabbed from behind by massive, strong arms, definitly those of a man. I struggled clawing at his tattooed arms, screaming at the top of my lungs.

House lights came on, and I fell to the floor.

I heard car doors slam and tires skidding to get away.

The people from the house closest to me came running. The gruff sounding man, a sound somewhat familiar to my ears, was talking to somebody on the phone, the police I guessed. The woman was holding me in her arms. I didn't see either of their faces, neither of them came into my view until I was safely in their kitchen with a cup of water with stirred in sugar to ward of the panic that was still coursing through my veins.