Part 8

The past three months passed by fast for Stella; she was now twenty weeks pregnant. And she had the most adorable baby bump. Being pregnant was becoming more of a reality for her; she could feel the baby's movements and draw smiles from passersby who saw her baby bump. Stella loved being pregnant; she missed being a firefighter, but she knows this is just temporary; she will be back fighting fires soon enough. She makes Kelly tell her about all the calls he goes out on so she can live vicariously through him. She misses the action the most.

She was still DC Hill's secretary after the supposedly two weeks. Stella agreed to the job until her maternity leave started. Giving Gloria enough time to find a good replacement. She never liked the office-type job; she's more of a get-her-hands-dirty type of woman. But working with someone she looks up to and idolizes was worth putting up with the boredom of the job. She and Gloria have been connecting and getting pretty close.

Things between Stella and Kelly were better than ever. The two weeks in Jamaica were indescribable for the couple. Stella loves the vibrant energy and laid-back charm of the island; it captivates her. She loved the warmth and spirit of the people there; they left an indelible mark on her heart. The vibrant cultural encounters and the breathtaking natural wonders were simply the best. The island is bursting with the warmest hospitality and largesse. There's always music playing and delicious food cooking. They went hiking and did water sports, food tours, golfing, shopping, sailing, and exploring the captivating island. It was a wonderful adventure for her and Kelly. It was a must-need relaxation and a romantic escape for the couple, they spent the days enjoying the island and their nights enjoying each other. 

They didn't want to leave, but they knew they needed to get back to reality. They came home to a welcome-back party at Molly's and to the news that Casey was currently back in Chicago, which was the best news ever for the couple. He was back at 51 as their captain, and he is back in charge of truck 81 while Stella is out. He and Brett were still trying to figure out how to work together without any awkwardness. Brett was still seeing Dylan.

Carver was back at 51 now that his suspension was over. Stella was nervous at first, but knowing Casey was on shift with Severide made her feel better. She knew Casey would keep her husband out of trouble. Kelly wasn't too thrilled that Carver's transfer didn't go through. Boden said the other chief at the firehouse that he was supposed to transfer to said he didn't want a troublemaker. They wanted someone with a clean record. So, both Kelly and Carver promised Boden that they would act professionally on shift. And not let their personal business affect their jobs.

Capp was kind of adjusting to fatherhood; he still has a lot to learn, but thankfully Boden, Cruz, and Herrmann have been helping him with his daily struggles. Capp and Angie have even gotten a little closer. 

Things were going well for everyone around them; life was perfect at least for now. 

"Hey, Baby!" Stella exclaimed from the couch. Kelly was getting ready for work.

"Yes, babe," Kelly said as he walked to the coffee pot. He poured some coffee into his to-go cup.

"We are at the midpoint of our pregnancy, twenty weeks down, twenty weeks to go." She tells him excitedly with a huge grin planted on her face.

Kelly looks over at her, laying on the couch, reading her expecting baby book. She was glowing with happiness, and his eyes moved to her stomach. It looked like she was hiding a melon under her shirt. He swears his heart melts every time he looks at her stomach. Knowing she's carrying his baby is the most amazing feeling he's ever experienced. Watching her stomach expand and her body change was truly amazing. She feels little movements and gets so excited about them; her cravings were something else, though. She was obsessed with chocolate ice cream topped with microwave popcorn. And mustard on spaghetti. And pancakes with hot sauce. Which just turns Kelly's stomach.