Part 14

Every time it rains, it stops raining. Every time we get hurt; we heal. After darkness, there is always light. We are reminded of this every morning, but still, we often forget and instead choose to believe that the night will last forever. It won't. Nothing lasts forever.

So, if things are good right now, enjoy them. It won't last forever. If things are bad, don't worry because they won't last forever either. Just because life isn't easy at the moment, that doesn't mean you can't laugh. Just because something is bothering you doesn't mean you can't smile. Every moment gives us a new beginning and a new ending. We get a second chance every second. We just have to take it and make the best of it.

And at this moment, Kelly felt like he was getting a second chance at happiness. His eyes widen; his heart stops. He knows that voice. He turns around. "Stella!" he whispered. He was frozen as he stared at her. He wondered if he was hearing things. He looks around for the first time, noticing the others in the room. He saw the look of shock and confusion on their faces too, so he knew his mind was not playing tricks on him.

"No hockey team, Kelly." Her voice was louder now. All six hearts stop as they look over at Stella. Who was trying to sit up but was obviously in pain.

"Don't move," Boden tells her. "I'll get a nurse."

She lays back down as dizziness hits her head, and he finally walks over to her when he hears the soft thud of her head hitting the pillow.

"Stella," he whispered as he cupped her face. "Baby, you're awake," he cried.

Stella gave him a confused look, and she saw how dull and lifeless his eyes looked. "What happened?" She asked, knowing she was missing something for Kelly to be looking at her like that.

"You don't remember?" Kelly asked as he stood up.

"No," she whispered.

"Welcome back, Stella," Maggie spoke as she walked into the room. "Girl, you gave us a scare."

"I did?" She asked confusedly.

"Maggie, she doesn't remember what happened," Kelly said as he grabbed Stella's hand.

"Kelly, that's normal," Maggie informed him. "Stella, you slipped into a coma; you were asleep for three days."

Stella's eyes widened in shock. "Three days?" She questioned herself as she looked at Kelly. Now the way her husband looks and the emptiness in his eyes make sense.

"Yeah, after three days of sleeping, we are glad you're awake," Maggie tells her.

"Kelly, I'm sorry," she whispered, as she thought about what the past three days had put him through.

"Baby, you have nothing to be sorry about; I'm just so happy you woke up." He kisses her face. "Don't you ever scare me like that again," he said with a huge smile. His voice is so tender and loving, but it also carries a lot of honesty.

"I won't, I promise." She whispered. She closes her eyes as his lips get closer to hers. The warmth of his hands on his cheeks gives her a sensation in her stomach, and he kisses her softly.

"I was so afraid I would never kiss those perfect lips again."

She opens her eyes after his words. "I'm not going anywhere, Kelly, I promise."

"I'm going to hold you to that." He whispered against her lips as they shared a few more kisses.

Stella looks at Maggie. "You would think that for someone who had been sleeping for three days, I would feel more refreshed." She jokes. "But I'm so sore, tired, and weak."