💎 TWENTY-TWO / HEAD OF THE TABLE

Isis's eyes popped open at a shrieking scream echoing through the mansion. The alarm clock on her nightstand read 12am. She didn't waste any time pulling herself out of bed, reaching under and grabbing her gun to accompany her on her investigation.

As Isis stepped into the hallway, she realized that all the lights were on. The bedrooms were also empty, which drew her to even more confusion. With the gun still posted beside her, she crept her way to the first floor. Nobody. It was only the mumbling of voices that lured her to the kitchen.

"What are y'all doing up?" Isis let out a relieved sigh when she spotted her sisters.

"Why do you have your gun?" Akita asked, eyebrows spiked.

"I don't know, maybe because I heard screaming," she said, tucking it into her waistband. "What was that?"

Haya giggled. "Hannah saw a mouse. She's terrified of them."

Hannah cringed. "Eww! I don't even want to think about it."

Isis chuckled tiredly, pushing her hair into a messy bun as she replied, "I'll call an exterminator tomorrow. Why are you guys up so late?"

"We have movie night every Sunday," Yuri said, waving a pack of microwave popcorn in the air. "Tonight we're watching Jeepers Creepers."

"We were gonna ask if you wanted to join, but you were sleeping."

"You've been doing a lot of that lately," Akita cut her eyes.

Isis couldn't argue with Akita's slight shade. She had been sleeping a lot. She had also been working  - but Isis wasn't foreign to the grind. Some days she would be with a trick to the wee hours of the morning, listening to his woes as if he was the one trading in his soul for a buck twenty.

"Yeah I know," Isis nodded. "But I'm up now. What else are we making?"

"Smores and homemade pizza. Do you want to help, sissy?" Yuri's sweet smile was enough to convince Isis to do anything.

"Sure, I don't mind."

She stood by Yuri and lent a hand straight away. Hannah cranked the music up a bit, and the girls started their night's festivities.

Isis, despite her slight headache and drowsiness, tried her best to stay engaged. Although she didn't act like it, bonding with her sisters was good for both business and personal reasons. They would trust her with decisions and her judgment wouldn't be questioned as much - at least by no one but Akita, who was the toughest nail of them all.

Isis had given up trying to build a bridge between her and her big sister. According to Sachi, Akita was as pretty as a pebble but as stubborn as a rock. She didn't skip nor budge willingly. Thankfully, their time in Vegas was coming to an end soon. Isis had one more meeting with Mr. KO to seal their lucrative deal. Accomplishing that meant she was one step closer to proving herself to all those who doubted her. After that, she was looking forward to some very deserved alone time.

The drift between her and Jhonny was as clear as her heart's longing for Jetson. Her emotions were all over the place. She was proficient in avoiding her emotions, but for some reason, they were stronger than ever this time. That was probably why she slept so much. It helped her block out the confusing feelings that consumed her thoughts. That was until Jetson made his way inside her head.

That night, she dreamed they were at their wedding. Isis hadn't ever dreamed of marriage, not even while she was conscious. It just wasn't something that was realistic where she was from. It was even more unrealistic that she would marry a man that had the power to lock her up and throw away the key.