💎 TWELVE / NEXT IN CHARGE

Chapter Twelve
Next in Charge

Isis gazed out of the window, a cup of ice water sweating in her hand as she neglected it. There was nothing in particular that she was staring at, instead in deep thought about the fact that her mother had found her after so many years.

At first, she was sure that it was a dream. The moment she opened her eyes after blacking out, awakened by the sweet sound of Sachi's voice - Isis hadn't thought twice about her mother's face smiling back at hers. Sachi visited her dreams frequently.

This was everything but that. This was reality.

"How are you feeling?" Jhonny's voice broke the silence in the room. He approached Isis from behind, wrapping his arms around her waist and resting his head upon her shoulder.

"How should I feel?" Isis managed to reply. She had been silent for a while as she was trying her best to piece everything together.

"I wish I could tell you." He responded honestly.

He too was confused as to how Isis was practically royalty in the drug world. She was the daughter of the most powerful queen pin known to date, who had connects to the finest riches a man could dream of. Who would've thought.

"I'm just trying to understand all of this. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy...it's just..."

"A lot." Jhonny snickered.

"Exactly" Isis chuckled painfully, "She's just...been living her life all this time as this powerful woman. I haven't seen her since I was a kid, and now what - she's your coke connect? There's a whole room full of people who are bowing down to her...it's just weird."

"Weird? That shit is amazing to have that much power. Shit, I'm jealous."

"There's no need to be jealous, I promise you." Sachi spoke, startling the couple with her presence. After her and Isis's reunion, Sachi was called away by one of her men. She was overwhelmed with joy to see her daughter, but she still had a job to do on one of the most important nights for the Dragon family.

Isis gulped wishing she could swallow her words; However Sachi knew she meant no harm.

"I'm sorry -"

Sachi refused her apology, "I understand, this is a lot to take in. It is for me too. I came to tell you that the dinner is starting soon, but I wanted to talk to you first. Alone." she said, fixing her eyes on Jhonny.

He cleared his throat as he could easily feel the cold stare from the beautiful woman. She had a graceful aura, with a vicious glare that spoke for her. It wasn't hard to see that she wasn't too thrilled to learn that her eighteen year old daughter was supposedly married to a drug dealer who had come to her for work; Although that very thing was what brought the two back together.

Jhonny nodded and decided to give the women some time alone; The silence returning once he was gone. Isis was well aware that it was rude to stare, but she couldn't help but to glare at the women in front of her. She wondered what she had been doing all these years while she had been suffering, barely clinging onto life.

Sachi lived like a Queen, whereas just last year she was sharing a house with two handfuls of hookers. Where had she been and most importantly, why hadn't she looked for her.

"You are so beautiful." Sachi smiled, pushing Isis's curls out of her face, "I always wondered what you grew up to look like."

"So you knew I was alive?" Isis asked.

"What do you mean?"

"You said you always wondered what I grew up to look like, but how were you so sure that I grew up and that I wasn't dead?" she squinted her eyes.