💎 FIVE / GAMBLE WITH YOUR HEART

Chapter 5
Gamble with your heart

"Yuko, eat. So you can be big and strong, my pretty baby."

Sachi brushed her daughters wild curls out of her face, as the young girl dipped her chopsticks into the bowl full of ramen. She brought the food to her tiny mouth, poking out her lips and blowing like her mother taught her in order to cool the otherwise too hot food.

A knock came at the door, causing Sachi's head to turn immediately. Her heart accelerated at the thought of who would be behind the apartment door, as no one knew where she and her daughter were staying. She had been hiding out for a few weeks after finally getting away from her handler, Haru, and vanishing into the Tokyo streets like thin air. However clearly not thin enough.

Sachi put her finger against her lips, shushing Yuko before she made any sound. She exited the kitchen as another knock came at the door, this time louder and less patient. She grabbed her pepper spray out of her purse, next making her way to the door to reveal her visitor.

"Ohh, you scare me Charlie." Sachi let out a deep breath, clutching her chest. "Thank you." She grabbed her mail from the attendant, who was practically swearing out of his shirt. "Are you okay, Charlie?"

Before she knew it, Haru appeared from behind him - his dark eyes shooting straight through her and to her soul. He pushed the shaky man aside, slamming the door shut and gripping Sachi up by her t-shirt so viciously she let out a yelp. After weeks of trying to find her, he had finally been successful after one of his workers caught her going into town to the market and followed her to her new home. Sachi was a special type of beautiful, anyone with eyes could see how rare and distinct she was just at first glance. That was why she was his best seller, and the fact that she had slipped through his fingers had him very displeased.

"Haru, please. My daughter is here, you can have whatever you want. Just, do not hurt us." She pleaded, tears already streaming down her frightened face.

Haru tossed her down onto the futon couch, his eyes still speaking instead of his mouth - as always. He had a way of making a person wait in fear, wondering what he was going to say or do.

"You abandoned me. Why?" He finally spoke, looming over her.

Sachi sobbed, "Haru-"

"Do not speak my name, as if that will make me have mercy on you." Haru spat. "You waste my precious time that I had to spend looking for you, after I rescued you off of the streets and gave you work. You are selfish."

"I have a child now, I cannot let Yuko see me this way. She's getting older, she understands now. I will not do this anymore, and you can tell Raiden that." She said, speaking of Haru's boss.

Haru flared his nostrils. He knew that he couldn't drag Sachi out against her will as she lived on a very busy street and he would be directing too much attention to himself. He also knew that Raiden would feel even more offended if Sachi had been forced to return to him, when in reality she should feel honored to be requested by him personally. The two stared down, knowing that both of their fates lied at the hand of someone else.

"Mommy." Yuko's voice came from behind them.

Sachi turned her head, as well as Haru - landing their eyes on a tiny Yuko. Haru smirked deviously, and Sachi knew that look from anywhere. The look of plotting.

"Go, finish your food Koko."

"No, stay Koko." Haru gestured for the young girl to come over, "Hi, pretty girl. Wowww, you look just like your mommy. Some would even say you look better." He joked coldly. "You have a stunner on your hands, Sachi."