💎 ELEVEN / WELCOME HOME

Chapter Eleven
Welcome Home

The night had finally arrived. The starlit sky hovered over the white Nagoya castle that sat upon a hill, looking down amongst the attendees dressed down in their best for the evening ball. It was mid-September, also known as the annual meeting for the entire Dragon family from every part of the world.

It was one of the only times that some of the biggest drug dealers conjured together in one room, to celebrate, to strategize, and to enjoy the fruits of their labor.

From little fish to big fish, the room was diverse in riches. As well as envy, jealousy and plans of betrayal - all the things that come with the territory of trying to make it to the top. Sachi felt every insidious stare of those beneath her, each time they bowed and kissed her hand out of respect but inside their egos were crumbling. She read right through them but fortunately tonight they weren't her focus, only one person was - Yuko.

After Haru delivered news to her that the American woman named Isis may indeed be her long-lost child, that was all she seemed to be able to think about for days. She dug through photos that felt ancient, of a life that she had lived so long ago. Yuko was her twin when she was younger, possessing slanted eyes, round dimpled cheeks, and thick hair. Sachi knew if Haru's claims were correct - looking at this young woman would be like looking at her reflection.

With every second that passed, she grew more anxious. She watched the grand golden clock that hung along the ballroom wall, that seemed to be moving slower than ever before. The party was in full swing at this point, the only person who failed to be in attendance being Haru and his guests.

"Eiji, please - see what is holding Haru up." Sachi instructed the man standing beside her.

"I did, he says there is traffic." Eiji replied.

"Well ring him again. I am to make my announcement soon, clearly he has to be here."

Sachi stood from her throne, allowing her henchman Isao to carefully guide her down the steps and to the floor. She flagged him away, or in other words telling him he did not need to follow her everywhere she went. She needed a moment to herself.

"Haru, do not fail me now." She whispered to herself as she disappeared from the large room.

She roamed the halls of the castle, searching for the bathroom as well as satisfying her crave for solitude at such a crazy time. The luxurious home was filled with guests, everyone from every which way wanting to stop and grace her presence - while others scoffed at the fact that a woman was still in charge.

In Japanese culture, women in power weren't exactly smiled upon. Especially from a single woman with kids. It was family or business, never both. Sachi had been lucky - her past had granted her a spot at the top that no one would take away unless they out right murdered her. Either that, or she willingly gave her power away.

That was what many of the men in the Mafia hoped. That she would wake up one day and give away Obasi's legacy as if he hadn't named her his successor. That meant the world to her. There was no way she would disappoint her slain husband and father of her children. They would have to kill her first.

💎💎💎

| A.N - I spelled Mya's name Maya in the last chapter, please disregard ctfu.|

"You're going to get killed." Salita shook her head, pressing down on Mya's gunshot wound with a wet rag.

Mya hissed from the pain, "Chill out shawty, this is nothin." she fronted.

Although in her mind she couldn't believe she had gotten so close to death, reminding her just how real it was. It was one thing to be behind the gun, it was another to be in front of it. Now that she had suffered the consequences of being sloppy, she knew she had to get her head on straight - especially if she wanted to prove her position as the head honcho.